PDA

View Full Version : Low carb and building muscle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Natrushka
Fri, Aug-24-01, 06:41
Question: I started resistance training last night. Lunges, squats, calf raises, sit ups etc. In the past when I have recommenced such work the following day is hell. Walking up and specially down stairs is a killer. I worked hard last night. "felt the burn", stretched big time, drank plenty of water. I was tender right after the work out (that has NEVER happened before) and I was worried that since I was so tender RIGHT after, what was today going to be like *ouch*. It turns out its better. I managed a 35 minute workout this morning (aerobic), the stairs were no problem, I can feel that i've worked out, dont get me wrong. But I dont HURT. Does it make sense that because I am now eating 3 or 4 times more protein than I did when I was on low fat that the process has accelerated?

Just curious.

thx,
Nat

Natrushka
Fri, Aug-24-01, 12:15
Answered my own question today. For those of you interested...

Flax Seed Oil
Flax Seed Oil shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion and increases the body’s production of energy and also increases stamina. It stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat. The dietary essential fatty acids common to Flax Seed Oil are converted by the body to Prostaglandin's (a hormone like substance) which are important for regulating the following: Steroid Production & hormone synthesis.

yay me.

Nat

ChrstnHrpr
Fri, Aug-24-01, 13:45
I read your first post and I did not have an answer but thank you for posting your findings! I find it very helpful!

Take care!

bluugirl
Sat, Aug-25-01, 23:46
that's interesting, thanks nat.

fiona
Sun, Aug-26-01, 03:46
Right. Next time I go shopping: Item 1 go look for Flax seed oil.

Don't fancy drinking ... or sipping it either. Stomach churned everytime I read other members mention it but ... I am sure once it's in my house I'll find some creative way of using it. Might help with my 2 hr dance sessions.

Thanks Nat.
Take care.

Trainerdan
Sun, Aug-26-01, 05:23
It works well as a base for salad dressings, and when I do use it, I often just add it to my blender-made protein drinks.

Just be sure to buy it, and keep it refridgerated. And do NOT use it to cook/fry with. Baking is OK, but results are kinda funky.

Natrushka
Sun, Aug-26-01, 08:07
It goes great on salad when you're using olive oil (I actually started using 1/3 cup of it in place of olive oil in my dijon vinagrette). also, try the ground flaxseed for breakfast, Fiona. With some butter and cinammon its quite good.

Nat