PDA

View Full Version : snack ideas please

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hpah1
Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:47
I am starting SB tomorrow along with WW. ( I need the WW to keep my portions under contol. I plan on doing phase one without couting points though) Can someone please give me some snack ideas. I am in the process of reading the book but would like to hear some of your ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW is there anyone else out there doing both Weight Watchers and SB?

fern2340
Mon, Mar-22-04, 08:27
Let's see: string cheese, a tiny amount of nuts, a couple slices of turkey bacon, sf jello, or plain yogurt mixed with natural pb and splenda.....

I just started SBD last Monday and am having success with it and these are the snacks I had last week. Another fav...a big glass of water! :)

Kimmerz321
Mon, Mar-22-04, 14:07
I started out doing SBD with WW, but have since dropped the WW out of the equation. I've found that by eating like this, my appetite is regulated to the point where I dont need to watch calories/portion sizes. No more cravings. I just follow the guidelines in the book (i.e. when I eat couscous, I eat about a tennis-ball sized serving).

Snack-wise, some of the stuff recommended is a bit higher in points than you might like. I'd suggest straight up veggies and fruit. One of the points of this WOE is to get all the junk out of your diet. Might as well stick with the natural stuff. :)

fern2340
Mon, Mar-22-04, 15:29
Kimmerz- I definitely hear ya on the veggies but fruits are a no no as far as Phase One goes...

Monika4
Mon, Mar-22-04, 19:03
I have no idea about WW and don't want to - don't want to count anything.

But snack ideas that are to my knowledge allowed in phase 1: the Veggie quiche from the breakfast menu - take to work frozen, and heat it up at snack time - the worst for me is 3-4 pm. LC chips (my only commercial LC product) and guacamole; celery and LF cheese, plain yoghurt with artificial sweetener and cinnamon, 2 hard boiled eggs. small carrots (both carrots and LF dairy are now allowed on phase 1).

I found a single string cheese not enough. I found eating more, especially taking care to never be hungry and always eating snack is important! Good luck!