PDA

View Full Version : all this time and theres a teen forum!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DancinJoc
Thu, Mar-18-04, 14:42
Iv been on here for awhileand I didn't know this lol
So allow me to introduce myself..
I'm 17...*Jocelyn* from Canada
I have an underactive thyroid which causes me to EASILY gain weight..all the time.lol....sooooo I started atkins..*2 years ago*..and i lost alot of weight...my lowest weight was 115 and i am 5'3.....2 years later... *now* I am 145...:S so I decided to go back on atkins again...I'v been on it since Monday...*induction* annnnd still no results not even 1 pound lol..so I started walking today...I figure if I do 1 hour of walking a day I should lost some weight
anyway..any tips..stories..anything u wanna share with me..or just talk to me...Im a good listener lol email me sweetstuff699~hotmail.com

bluesfan88
Fri, Mar-19-04, 21:11
well first welcome to the teen section . i am sorry to hear that you have a really hard time with your weight.but it is great that you are trying atkins again.
I have to tell you that the teen section is very cool and all if you are a teen (i am almost 16) but as you know homework and such keeps people from replying really quicky . but when people do reply they write really good answers .
well welcome again .if you ever wanna talk even though i am 2 years younger I would love to talkto you.my e-mail is in my profile .good luck

Akasha
Mon, Mar-22-04, 17:38
Hiya and welcome! Replies are sometimes slow in the teen forum, just to warn you. Glad to see you back on the Atkin's diet. I'm sure you'll start seeing results soon.

mai
Thu, Mar-25-04, 23:11
hello i just joined today, and i feel really young to be joining this i mean im 14. i just feel insecure with myself as i grow older. I am about 5 feet and i weigh 120lbs. i would like to be at 100 by June 20th 2004. I havn't lost alot of weight since i've kept on switching diets, it would help me alot if someone gave me some advice on how to loose 20 pounds in 3 months. im starting to get depressed :( can someone please save me. any help would be great =)

<3 mai.

bluesfan88
Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:19
hi mai , I am 15 going on 16 . but you are never to young to try to get in shape and feel better about yourself . i will have to say that I am 5 feet too and i would love to be 120. that is my goal but i guess different people have different opinions about how they want to look. losing 20 pounds in 3 months might be hard . i have lost like 5 pounds in like 6 months . it is most common to lose about 1 pound a month. so you are doing very well. also you might want to pick a plan to stay with so that it will be easier. if oyu really wanna try to lose 20 poounds in 3 months try drinking alot of water and excersising alot .
the teen section does not get responses all that quickly so i would suggest trying to find a section that gets responses more often . i have nothing against the teen forum just with school and other things it is hard for us teens to reply quickly. so maybe posting on the general low carb section you might get more responses. but this is all plus posting on the teen forum.
if you ever want to talk you can e-mail me at truebluesfan88 at yahoo dot com.
btw what grade are you in ?

mai
Sat, Mar-27-04, 13:34
Hey Meira!
Thanks for the awesome reply. I'm in grade 9 and im turning 15 in august. I just wanted to get fit in 3 months because it is around summer time and I just feel real aweful whenever I see my friends. They all went on diets too and when I look at them now they are mad thin. But I don't want to be like them because some of my friends are anorexic/bulimic. I think just looking great but not to thin would we awesome for me. Yeah I bet it'll be really hard to loose 20lbs in 3 months and I do have to get adjusted to a new diet. Usualy the beginning of a diet goes reall well and loosing weight is easier, but the harder part may be after the first few steps. I have been excercising and drinking lots of water but when it comes to eating sometimes I feel that I should skip a meal :/. Well perhaps I should find a new forum but maybe I'll just stick around here a little to see if more replys happen to come. Anyways hun thanks alots for the info =) Gooluck w/ your diet!
<3mai.

bluesfan88
Sat, Mar-27-04, 14:31
mai i did not mean to say find a new forum you can still be a part of this one . just if you want very quick replies then another part of this site might help you . so what i do is i do both forums . one where i get quick replies and then this one so that i can have some people somewhat around my own age to talk to . that is sometimes good if you know what i mean :)

mai
Sun, Mar-28-04, 02:28
ooo yeah shur thing hun, thanks!

NewAudrey
Tue, Jun-08-04, 21:59
Glad to know theres other young people like myself doing the same thing!!!!!!
Good Luck
xoxoxo
Audrey