PDA

View Full Version : Cravings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janellmd
Wed, Mar-17-04, 13:23
How do you guys fight off cravings. I did really well for about 2 months and then the "beast" got hold of me. I started out with little things like rationalizing a small piece of birthday cake for a "special occasion". Then I tried to fight it off with "low-carb" pasta, but it still had enough extra carbs to feed the cravings. Now I feel like I've lost complete control and I'm trying to reign myself in. Are there any low-carb "sweets" that you use? As long as it doesn't have aspertame. I'm OK with Splenda but would prefer Stevia or some form of completely natural sweetener.

Elsah
Thu, Mar-18-04, 13:44
I have never really been a person that wanted sweets all the time but lately being pregnant has caused some sweet cravings. I usually make a soymilk shake to tame the sugar beast.

1 cup LC soymilk
1 4oz container of dannon LC yogurt (whatever flavor you like)
approx 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries or blueberries (dont thaw)
4 ice cubes for strawberry add an extra one or two for blueberry to make it thick.

Blend in your blender until smooth.

Sometimes I just use soymilk and the vanilla yogurt and add a little orange or other flavored extract.

Hope it helps some. :0)
Jenn