PDA

View Full Version : gall bladder acting up, could this be from

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brenjmull
Tue, Mar-16-04, 05:54
to many salads?? It has been hurting me for that last 4 days, I am almost done with P1, ( Wed) I have lost 8 pounds, but I eat a salad everyday, and someone I work with said it is the salad that is hurting me,, could it be the lower carbs?? I hate to stop now as I am really doing so well. I even passed on a chocolate fudge cake at work the other day and everyone was shocked.

toning_up
Tue, Mar-16-04, 06:53
If it's your gallbladder, they tend to act up in the presence of fats, not salads and non fatty foods. The gallbladder contracts and ejects its bile when fats are present in the stomach. If you have gallstones, it's at this point you usually feel discomfort. Do you have a history of gallstones or other gallbladder disease?

Brenjmull
Tue, Mar-16-04, 08:45
I had to get an ultrasound done last year and it showed that the lining around the gallbladded was enflamed, and thickened.