PDA

View Full Version : Nausea when going too low carb?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

arcticslug
Mon, Mar-15-04, 15:29
Does anyone experience nausea when they are eating very low carb? I find that unless I eat a bit of fruit here or there or some nuts I end up feeling sick. I am listening to my body and giving it carbs when it seems to need it. This morning I was feeling sick and ate a banana and about an hour later I was fine. I eat a lot of veggies with carbs in them but I guess my body just seems to need fruit.

Anyone else with this problem?

nela
Tue, Mar-16-04, 05:11
Same here. That's why I try to have at least one day a week that I eat a few more carbs and even something naughty. This usually happens over the weekend.
When I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago, I had a headache for a whole week when I started low carbing again. I stuck it out but it was pretty bad. Now it's subsided, but if it starts up again, I'll just have a few more carbs.