PDA

View Full Version : Why am I GAINING?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janswizard
Wed, Mar-10-04, 04:04
This is my second week on Phase I and I've found that I've actually gained a couple of pounds so far this week. I'm eating the same things I ate the first week on the plan. In the first 8 days, I lost 14 pounds and have now gained back 4 of them in the last 3 days. I've stuck to this which is an accomplishment in itself so this is quite unnerving.

I have not started to exercise yet but last night I got copies of Denise Austin's WATP morning/evening tapes. I had intended to start these at the end of the first phase.

I was so pleased with myself but now I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

pstar
Wed, Mar-10-04, 08:26
I read in an official SBD newsletter that the weight loss in Phase I is partly from water due to the reduction in carbs and partly fat due to the reduction in calories...I think a lot of people, women more than men, fluctuate during Phase I due to the water loss, I know I did. Hang in there and soon all of your loss will come from loss of fat. It's easy to get impatient on Phase I...remember that you are in this for the long haul...and that it's what you weigh a month from now or a year from now that matters.

tashinpa
Wed, Mar-10-04, 08:27
The major part of the initial weight loss is water, so you may be retaining some of that. This usually happens to me if I eat too salty or too many nuts, for example.

Working out it ALWAYS a good idea and will help you with better results.

good luck!

Zuleikaa
Wed, Mar-10-04, 08:31
Keep an eye on it. Some find SB is still to high in carbs/insulin impact to lose on it.

Kimmerz321
Wed, Mar-10-04, 13:29
I agree w/ what has been said. A lot of P1 is water loss. Are you near your TOM? That can be a huge factor in gain/loss.