PDA

View Full Version : Out of season- Low Carb Bread Stuffing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sus2
Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:34
I know this is out of season now but was reading another thread when it came to mind. I used the Carb Concious bread as a base for my traditional bread stuffing at Christmas and DH and I both thought it was really good! We are the only LC'ers so were the only two who tried it for dinner. However, the next day my kids had it as leftovers (unbeknowst to them) and they didn't comment one way or the other. In other words, it "passed" as regular stuffing.

BlitzedAng
Fri, Mar-12-04, 13:44
I tried to make lc stuffing 3 times and each was scarier than the fist,lol. They need to come out with one that a dummy like me can just add water too.

rosey1
Sun, Mar-14-04, 16:57
here's how i make it:
1 3/4 pounds ground sausage
8 slices low carb bread {mine had 6 carbs per slice}
half onion chopped
1 stick butter or margarine
few dashes of poultry seasoning
1 can of 0 carb chicken broth
{you could also add celery} i prefer it without

directions:

wash hands
toast bread until crispy
fry sausage until done, u want to crumble it, but not too fine
place butter and chopped onions in the microwave for 2 minutes
tear up toast and place in a 10x13 pan or similar size
add sausage
add onions and butter mix
add a few dashes of the poultry seasoning
pour in the chicken broth
mix well
bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or more depending on how toasty you like it.

Jade74
Wed, Mar-17-04, 10:32
Thanks Rosey!
I was planning to try this out next turkey day, but I appreciate having some direction to follow!

Jenn