PDA

View Full Version : Four Week Anniversary! Woo Hoo!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Swoozie
Mon, Mar-01-04, 19:39
Last night was my 4 week smoke free anniversary! Never thought I could do it! But then again, I never thought I'd lose 73 lbs on atkins! I have gained 4 pounds back in the last 4 weeks but now I'm concentrating on dropping those. I'm very excited! And I must recommend to all to definitely read Allan Carr's book, i didn't think it would make a difference, but it does work. Even if it doesn't work for you, it's at the very least an interesting read!

Suzy :Q

toning_up
Tue, Mar-02-04, 05:44
I too am celebrating my 1 month anniversary today. I have actually lost 3 lbs since quitting....something I never expected to do.

I quit without nicotine replacement. Something I'd highly recommend if at all possible. Today, one month later I relaise I almost never even think of cigarettes.

A month ago they were an integral part of my life. I thought of the next one constantly.

amym
Tue, Mar-02-04, 07:04
congrats to you both! I have been off cigarettes for almost 6 months now. I went cold turkey and no replacements either I think that just makes more sense. It was very hard in the beginning but now I never even think of having a cigarette only unless I go out and have a few drinks than those old thought patterns sneak back in. I never thought I could get to this point where it is not a part of my life. It used to be when I was down to two or three cigs I would start worrying about getting a new pack didn't want to be stranded without them! Looking back a really see it was a horrible addiction but at the time of course I thought it was an enjoyable little habit that I could always give up whenever I wanted...ha...funny how the dependancy was disguised like that for me. I really just thought I enjoyed smoking and that was it.At least till I tried to quit and found out how truly hard it was.Glad you guys did it and I hope more people out there continue to quit every day cause there really is life outside of cigarettes...of course now I am addicted to seltzer water I wonder if there is a self help group for that??;)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amy