PDA

View Full Version : Lucky to have found this forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pstar
Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:22
I've visited every SDB forum I can find on the internet...and while I don't want to go on another rant here...............

In my estimation this one tops them all. We are very fortunate to have a lot people here who have a very good understanding of weight loss from many different perspectives. If I pay attention I can learn from them all.

On most of the forums I've visited, I haven't found the depth of information and knowledge that I find here. While my plan is SBD, I've gained a lot of very useful information from people in the Atkins forum and all of the other areas here as well. It seems that the discussion goes way beyond the tipical 'whats allowed' type questions and answers I find in other SBD other forums.

Also, I find the posts from people who have lost a lot of weight, or who are having a problem, to be very inspiring. It seems that when someone posts that they are having any type of difficulty, folks here respond quickly with support.

Additionally the 'journal feature' really gives one a since of community not found on other SBD forums...

Anyway, during the 50 days I've been on SBD, I've found this forum to be very useful for getting questions answered and inspiration/emotional support.

dancngqwn
Fri, Feb-27-04, 17:46
I agree..This is a great bunch of SB'ers we have here! I love this MB in its entirety :cheer:

miezimau
Fri, Feb-27-04, 19:42
Yep, I am glad I found it, too. There are a bunch of great people here and lots of support.

lawoman
Sat, Feb-28-04, 08:21
You said it better than I ever could,Paris.This is a great forum and I have always felt welcome and supported here no matter if I was doing Atkins,Fat Flush,or South beach.It is simply just a great group of folks who just happen to care about one another and are willing to uplift and support as needed.

Have a great day at the beach:dazzle:

Linda

Monika4
Sat, Feb-28-04, 11:15
I completely agree - even though if you are not in the SBD part, we are minority by a long shot - but there is lots I can learn from those on Atkins too. Not only are most of people great, this forum is well organized. If I am not into supplements, I don't go to the supplement part, if I don't want to discuss exercise, I don't go there. And all such forums/fora have the occasional person either bringing in politics, or rantings about us being all crazy - they are not excluded, but in their own section - you can go there or not. I think that is one of the best parts here - the different sections are quite diverse, and don't conflict.