PDA

View Full Version : oil of oregano helps stall

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

chicamala
Tue, Jul-13-04, 15:40
O.K. I'm going to try OoO all the time and see what happens. I didn't have any change in my weight for the first time in four weeks and it just happens to be the week I stopped taking the OoO. I will post back if that helps start it up again.

These weight losses I am seeing from everyone are just so wonderful and inspiring. I am so anxious to get to "onederland."

valf
Tue, Jul-13-04, 19:26
Hi! I started taking Relacore and OoO two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to post since as my husband is in the hospital (since July 5th) and I spend all day up there. I'm too tired when I get home to do much on the computer.
Anyway, today I used one of his machines to take my pulse and it was 110 at rest. The nurse flipped out a little and said that was a dangerously high resting pulse. I feel great and have no heart palpitations or anything. My question to you all - have any of you on these supplements tested your resting pulse? I'm thinking my pulse increased because my metabolism increased from the OoO. BTW, I have lost 5 pounds (after being stalled) and 1 inch on hips. Nothing on waist yet.
Val

widdlemama
Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:58
Hi! I started taking Relacore and OoO two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to post since as my husband is in the hospital (since July 5th) and I spend all day up there. I'm too tired when I get home to do much on the computer.
Anyway, today I used one of his machines to take my pulse and it was 110 at rest. The nurse flipped out a little and said that was a dangerously high resting pulse. I feel great and have no heart palpitations or anything. My question to you all - have any of you on these supplements tested your resting pulse? I'm thinking my pulse increased because my metabolism increased from the OoO. BTW, I have lost 5 pounds (after being stalled) and 1 inch on hips. Nothing on waist yet.
Val
I just checked my pulse and it is 68. I took the OoO and relecore about 20 minutes ago. There are times when I get a burst of energy that it feels it is going faster but then again I'm doing things like my 5 mile walk or cleaning house. I will try to check it when resting later and see.

Pat S.
Thu, Jul-15-04, 11:26
Hi LaceyJo,
I take 460mg twice a day with a little warm water and feel great. The brand is Gaia Herbs I got it at Fred Meyers (Kroger)
The website is http://www.gaiaherbs.com
Pat S.

chicamala
Thu, Jul-15-04, 11:55
O.K. I have started back up on the OoO. I feel exuberant today...you should be able to tell just by the use of such a word as exuberant...heehee...where did that come from?

I think I've managed to drop a couple of more pounds according to my scale, but my official weigh in is on Monday nights at TOPS.

Amethyst33
Sat, Jul-17-04, 05:26
Well, new here and thought i would start posting:) I bought a bottle last night and took one pill..Mine is not the correct one i don't think, but we'll see if it works. It says "super strength oil of oregano" 500 mg, 15mg carvacrol. AND its a powder in a caplet. SO...i'll use this until i manage to track down the proper stuff. Good news is, after binging on twizzlers last night, i am down .5. Normally, that would have put me up 2lbs. And my tummy didn't feel as bloated. Slept wonderful last night also.

I do have organo burps though..grosss!!
Oh, and my brand is Pure-li Natural

Wish me luck:) :wave:

uggyj
Sat, Jul-17-04, 08:46
I started the oregano oil 2 days ago and I am having such awful stomach pain . It is so painful. I am very nauseated also. Has ayone else out there had horrible stomach pain and stabs for 2 days straight? I am windering if I have alot of yeast in me or if it could be a bad reaction. PLease help...uggyj

Nille
Sat, Jul-17-04, 10:21
http://www.atkinsbythebook.com/forum/html/emoticons/w00t.gif I'm back ! http://www.atkinsbythebook.com/forum/html/emoticons/w00t.gif
Longer report of "my doings" in my journal. Have had a long relaxing holiday in a sleepy old English seaside resot at the Isle of Wight. Really enjoyed myself and did a lot of excercise - walked a lot and played golf. Unfortunately I drank a lot to, so my body was busy burning alcohol and not fat for the duration of my stay. I did it LC though - slimline tonic with my gin - and an occational glass of white wine - AND I did drink a lot of water. At the hotel they gave me a pint of water every morning - and they did LC meals for me as well !

The good thing is I brought OoO with me and took it every day. After 10 days on vacatiob and on the G&T diet ( :lol: ) I still only gained 1.7 lb - and www.mybodycomp.com (http://www.mybodycomp.com/) said it was lean body mass and not fat. My calf and thigh muscles are still sore from all the cliff walking (a lot of up- and downhill walking). - I have been building muscle !!

Unfortunately the bottle was leaking (probably didn't close it properly) so I knew my suitcase was on the way in before I saw it - it was reeking of OoO !! People looked at me strangely ... :lol:
I'm down to my last bottle. Will have to order some more soon !

Will see you around !

widdlemama
Sat, Jul-17-04, 10:51
Just an update.
Not much in way of weightloss for me although since taking it I have walked 5 miles a day 5-7 days a week. Now, that could be all muscle gain and fat loss = same weight :lol: I also started the relecore 1 1/2 months ago. I continue to take both due to the energy increase. My measurements have gone down, I would like to add. so for me, my conclusion is lots of energy and I will continue using it everyday :D In fact I already bought 4 more bottles :roll:

chicamala
Sat, Jul-17-04, 11:06
Nille and Widdlemama, Wow....sounds like you are getting some lean muscle mass to sculpt those bods. That's super. Glad to hear you had such a good time Nille. Your trip sounds wonderful.

I'm back on OoO everyday again, and I don't think I'm going to stop taking it. The energy level is too valuable for me. I also know now that I am losing again. Although my official weigh-in isn't until Monday night. My scale has dipped way down and that's a good sign. My clothes are fitting better. In fact, it may be getting close to time to hunt for a smaller size...I can't believe it!

In regards to the gal hurting in the stomach...I don't think that is good. Do you have ulcers? I'd either stop and retry again later with smaller doses...like only one or two drops and work my way up...see if that helps. I felt like crap when I was going through yeasty beasty die-off, but I didn't have stabbing pains in my stomach.

DeeRBee
Mon, Jul-19-04, 11:00
I started taking OoO yesterday. Have been stalled for 9 months and hoping this will get me moving again. How exactly do you feel bad during the die off?? Just wondering what to expect. Also, if I don't go through those symptoms does it mean that I don't have a yeast problem?? :help:

Zuleikaa
Mon, Jul-19-04, 18:24
Have something to report. I had one tooth where the gum was down to the bone and another that had a deep pocket in the gum. The tooth down to the bone was aching. I started putting ooo drops on and in both and at three weeks the gum has grown back up the teeth.

Also one of my coworkers had oozing ulcertated sores on both ankles from bad circulation. The ankles were also very sore. She had been on repeated antibiotics and cortizone ointment for four months and the ankles still had not healed. I gave her a weeks supply of ooo capsules. Within a day there was a reduction of pain. At week's end all but one spot was healed. She also said that the pain was gone and her worst leg felt like something was actually working on it inside the leg.

widdlemama
Tue, Jul-20-04, 07:57
Have something to report. I had one tooth where the gum was down to the bone and another that had a deep pocket in the gum. The tooth down to the bone was aching. I started putting ooo drops on and in both and at three weeks the gum has grown back up the teeth.

Also one of my coworkers had oozing ulcertated sores on both ankles from bad circulation. The ankles were also very sore. She had been on repeated antibiotics and cortizone ointment for four months and the ankles still had not healed. I gave her a weeks supply of ooo capsules. Within a day there was a reduction of pain. At week's end all but one spot was healed. She also said that the pain was gone and her worst leg felt like something was actually working on it inside the leg.

GREAT RESULTS :p

Did your coworker apply the OoO to her ankle or did she take it internally? Just curious

Zuleikaa
Tue, Jul-20-04, 08:14
She took it internally.

chicamala
Tue, Jul-20-04, 10:35
Those are great results. Thanks for sharing them.

I lost two pounds at my weigh-in. I didn't lose last week so this was good news.

musicwoman
Wed, Jul-21-04, 20:32
I just spent the entire day reading the entire thread! :daze: - I picked up a bottle of ooo at the whole foods store and took 1 gel cap w/my lunch and my dinner. I have also had about 3.5 liters of water today so I'm not sure if all my increased trips to the bathroom have to do with the water or the ooo!

I want to thank 2Brickie for getting this thread started and continuing to check back in. I'll let you know how it goes no matter if it's good, bad, or ugly! Just FYI - I'm currently taking these supplements:

Basic#3 - 3x a day
Dieters Advantage - 2x a day
Essential Oils - 3x a day
L-Carnitine 500mg - 3x a day
OOO 150 mg - 3x a day

I'm doing a cardio/walking program for 2 miles daily and I'm keeping my carbs to 20 or less. I am hoping that ooo will help my system continue to cleanse and renew itself.

I'm looking forward to sharing with ya'll, please keep in touch!

Kristal
musicwoman :dazzle:

musicwoman
Fri, Jul-23-04, 10:50
I took drops this morning!

UGH! :eek:

I REALLY slugged back water just to drown the burn and aftertaste. I was looking at my OOO pills and thinking, what the heck was so wrong with them?!? In any event, I have almost had my first 1.5 liter of H20 this morning - no problems doing that thanks to the ooo drops!

I feel like I'm on the move with the weight - don't know if it's the Essential Oils, L-Carnitine, or the OOO - as long as I'm feeling more healthy and losing weight/inches - who cares! :D

Hey, AFwife, how are you doing? I hope you are well. I noticed you hadn't posted since July 8. Maybe you're on vacation. Hope you're having fun!

How is anyone else doing? Hope all is well in oooville!

chicamala
Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:57
Hey Kristal...the OoO is awful burning. I remember when I first got this stuff a year ago, the recommendation was to put several drops under the tongue and wait for a minute before swallowing. Well! Do you think I was able to do that? No sirreee Bob! I stopped taking it. Now that I have started back up, I just put a bit in some water along with my Grapefruit Seed Extract and swig it back with a huge water chaser.

Glad you are feeling so well. I am also. I just love that I am actually do something good for myself. It takes a lot of my mental energy, but It is so worth it.

Take care!

Nille
Fri, Jul-23-04, 12:05
Hi Kristal !

I take OoO in a tablespoon of water. I have a glass on the side and if it burns (if it does it's just a tiny bit), I gobble down the glass of water...

Hope it helps !

Porcellino
Fri, Jul-23-04, 13:24
Hey Kristal...the OoO is awful burning. I remember when I first got this stuff a year ago, the recommendation was to put several drops under the tongue and wait for a minute before swallowing. Well! Do you think I was able to do that? No sirreee Bob! I stopped taking it. Now that I have started back up, I just put a bit in some water along with my Grapefruit Seed Extract and swig it back with a huge water chaser.

Glad you are feeling so well. I am also. I just love that I am actually do something good for myself. It takes a lot of my mental energy, but It is so worth it.

Take care!

hi chicamala,
what do you take the grapefruit extract for? What form do you take it in, the oil? thanks...

BlitzedAng
Fri, Jul-23-04, 13:27
The liquid isn't bad when you put your drops in vege caps from gnc. LOL. I took it in water for one day and that was it.Best of luck.

musicwoman
Fri, Jul-23-04, 13:36
Hi Cickamala, Nille, Porcellino, BliztedAng! :wave:

Thanks for the good advice! I'll try it tonight when I take my PM dose! After all these years of overdoing the flours & sugars, I'll bet this is going to take a while to clean out. Thanks for dropping me a line to keep me informed!

2brickie
Fri, Jul-23-04, 14:56
Im so glad this thread has helped alot of people, but I am not as tough as you guys. I take it in a gel cap form. I have a hard time swallowing anything that has a bad taste. I use the liquid oil in my bath water, and it keeps my skin really nice even after shaving. My little girl has just been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis, and we are putting it in her shampoo for her hair. Now of course the doctors say this wont help, but Im giving it a try. She is also taking one gel cap a day and we are really concentrating on getting her off sugar. She isnt overweight, but I have noticed such a difference in my health without all this sugar and while taking the OOO that Im trying this to see if it will help her. She has beautiful waist length chocolate brown hair, that they suggested I cut, but I will not cut it we will try this first, so wish me luck.

BKM
Fri, Jul-23-04, 15:01
2brickie,

you might look at coconut oil (http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm)

I think I read of people (posting to that site) that used it for psoriasis ...

Hope something helps your little girl! and gets rid of the darned stuff completely (without a lifetime of prescription creams).

Bonnie

chicamala
Fri, Jul-23-04, 17:30
hi chicamala,
what do you take the grapefruit extract for? What form do you take it in, the oil? thanks...

I take it also for the yeast. It is also a good microbial agent...God, I hope I said that right....all I know is it kills stuff...bad stuff.... :thup:

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jul-23-04, 17:38
Im so glad this thread has helped alot of people, but I am not as tough as you guys. I take it in a gel cap form. I have a hard time swallowing anything that has a bad taste. I use the liquid oil in my bath water, and it keeps my skin really nice even after shaving. My little girl has just been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis, and we are putting it in her shampoo for her hair. Now of course the doctors say this wont help, but Im giving it a try. She is also taking one gel cap a day and we are really concentrating on getting her off sugar. She isnt overweight, but I have noticed such a difference in my health without all this sugar and while taking the OOO that Im trying this to see if it will help her. She has beautiful waist length chocolate brown hair, that they suggested I cut, but I will not cut it we will try this first, so wish me luck.

OOO is supposed to be good for psoriasis.

CheriYM
Fri, Jul-23-04, 20:44
I read pages 1-30 and then skipped to the end - what a great thread!! I, too, seem to have perpetual yeast problems. I'm going out and buying OOO and grapefruit seed extract tomorrow!! Thanks!! I'll be back to let you know how it goes.

Charlaine
Sun, Jul-25-04, 12:27
Hi!

Thanks for the tip about oregano oil!

One question: I went out to buy some at my local canadian GNC and bought Oregacyn, which was the only oregano product they had, and it was in the "respiratory issues" section. I've just opened the bottle and it's powder, not oil.

Am I taking this (nasty-tasting) veggie-cap powder for nothing? Is the oil what is potent?

I'm thinking of taking this back.

Do any other fellow canadians take this oil? Where can we get them without taking out a second mortgage?

Thanks for your help!

Charlaine

Zuleikaa
Sun, Jul-25-04, 13:08
http://www.essential-oil.org

Nille
Mon, Jul-26-04, 04:39
..and as of Saturday morning Nille is officially down to the weight she was BEFORE going on holiday (151.5 lbs). AND it's just one week since we came home :hyper:

Guess it must have been the water retention after the flight/travelling that made med gain at all.... Well, I knew that, but now I had it confirmed !

I have been at this ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Scandinavian mafia forum meet-up in Copenhagen this weekend - Gilibel came from Sweden, Alina flew in from Germany and I flew in from Norway. We all stayed at Titanic/Jolly's place and we had a fantastic time. It's so nice to finally meet after "talking" to eachother in this forum for a year !

Forgot my waterpills, OoO and my supplements. My feet swelled up, (as they always does without waterbills and/or whenever i fly) Still swollen as I was to tired to take anything when I for home PAST midnight yesterday)

........we did eat and drink a lot this weekend (Titanic is a really good cook), but stricktly LC of course.......

I will not weight again until Saturday :lol:

widdlemama
Mon, Jul-26-04, 08:11
Nelli, Glad your weight is back down and glad you had a great time. :)

chicamala
Mon, Jul-26-04, 14:32
That's great that you are back down NIlle!!! You must feel so good. Now you are moving forward as always.

musicwoman
Mon, Jul-26-04, 14:35
Congrats, Nille!

Glad you're back - best wishes on movin' on down!

CheriYM
Mon, Jul-26-04, 16:22
I found the OoO - but it also has rosemary oil in it too - anybody know anything about this? Thanks!

Zuleikaa
Mon, Jul-26-04, 16:40
That's fine too.

LaceyJo
Tue, Jul-27-04, 08:33
Hello everyone. I just wanted to update everyone. I have been taking OoO for about 2 weeks now and I have lost about 6 pounds. So I am having great success. I don't really want to cycle it since I am still losing. Anyone have any opinions on that? I read somewhere on this LONG thread that you didn't have to cycle it. Any input would be great!

Jeanna

CheriYM
Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:03
Jeanna --
I don't know about the cycling deal - but I love your avatar!!

Lanny
Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:13
After falling by fluke on this web page and decided to become a new member even though ive been LC for a year and stalled for a year (almost lol) i decided to go out and buy oOo...i found it at GNC paid 37$(cnd) and took my first gel (140mg ea.) cause you all scared me with the drop one..hopefully it will help me to get rid of my last 15lb which is the hardest ones...thank you all for this forum...

Lanny
:)

Charlaine
Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:25
Lanny, I just did exactly the same thing last weekend. I just wasn't sure that it was actually "oil" in the gelcap because the packaging is pretty vague as to its content so I cut one open and it is.

I find the taste quite strong for a gel cap. And the product is quite expensive. To be honest, I think everything at GNC's expensive anyways and so if this works, I'll be looking for alternatives as to where to buy it.

I don't have symptoms of candida though. Perhaps it helps those who do. I do have other symptoms that can use it such as occasional acne and topical eczema. Maybe it'll help with that if not anything else. But I could really use the push.

I haven't found the rush of energy that some people posted about, though. Perhaps with time :)

Sometimes it seems easier to LC south of the border! :agree:

Charlaine

Lanny
Tue, Jul-27-04, 12:15
Hi Charlaine...im from Montreal too and yes GNC is expensive...what kind did you get? the sales man at GNC gave me Oregacyn P73...there are 60 of them and paid about 37$...On the bottle its says: its a herbal blend comprised of wild high mountain oregano P73 oil, among wild mountainous sage oil, cumin blah blah blah...lol..i bought to see if it will work more for my allergies but if it moves the weight down..heh why not...then i will start searching for it cheaper too cause if its something that will work it sure can be expensive...will stay intouch and let you know what happens...

Lan

Charlaine
Tue, Jul-27-04, 12:35
Hey Lan,

I paid about that, 37$ for the 60 gelcaps, made by Oregacyn P73. So it appears to be the same product but it doesn't say what it says on your bottle. Perhaps just a different print.

Oh well, we'll see if it works!

Charlaine

Lanny
Tue, Jul-27-04, 12:56
yup same one Charlaine same ones...bought mine at Place Versaille....

lan

Pat S.
Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:00
Hi I have been having good luck with the OoO my rash is gone and allergies are 100% better. I also am having a reduced appetite when I take it.
Pat S.

widdlemama
Wed, Jul-28-04, 08:14
I think I found another great reason to take OoO - The West Nile Virus. I think my DH and baby (age 21 m) had it!!! They have been sleepy and DH had swollen glands. The baby had fever and he said his neck hurt and touched his throat. They have gotten bit by the masquitoes. AND, I go for a 5-6.5 mile walk daily and I have seen in the past few weeks a lot (6 or so) DEAD CROWS. I told hubby that something is wrong because the birds are dying. I read up yesterday on the West Nile virus and dead birds are a sign and the symptoms can be nothing to fever and sore glands ( along with flu type symptoms and a rash!! 2 of my other kids had a fever then rash a couple months ago! They say it is rare to actually die from it and that the elderly have the hardest time. So I think that maybe the OoO has helped me NOT get it. After all it is an anti viral as well. Yea me

Anyway, just thought you ought to know :agree:

Zuleikaa
Wed, Jul-28-04, 12:35
That's great!!! Maybe you should give some to your husband and rub a little into your baby's feet.

musicwoman
Wed, Jul-28-04, 16:41
I'm taking the OoO twice daily (159 mg pills, I hated the drops!). TOM is here, so will have to wait and see how the weight loss is going! Hope everyone is being successful!

2brickie
Thu, Jul-29-04, 15:55
Just a note, with the West Nile virus, we have 10 show horses and they are all now on Oil Of Oregano in their supplements. Our friend who is a holistic vet called me and asked me to put them on it, as she said the mosquitos dont really like the smell of it and it helps build up their immune system. So I started thinking about this, and we have been to numerous ballgames and horse shows, and everyone else is using bug spray and they dont touch me. I wonder if that means I stink like the OOO. I cant smell it and have never had anyone tell me that, so maybe there is some truth to it.

Nille
Fri, Jul-30-04, 00:13
Weigh-in tomorrow, - wish me luck !!
I feel smaller, I think I look smaller, but I've also got a strong imagination .... :lol: I'll be very happy if I haven't gained this week. And today TOM arrived.

See ya :sunny:

chicamala
Fri, Jul-30-04, 09:54
Wishing you luck Nille! I weigh everyday on my scale, but my official weigh-in is on Monday nights. I woke up this morning and my scale shows a possible three pound loss for me. I'll be thrilled if it is true come Monday!

AFwife
Fri, Jul-30-04, 10:59
Well I'm all moved in and unpacked. I haven't gotten back on OoO yet, I have lost 2 pounds though so that's all good. I've been off the diet for 2 weeks due to moving and need to get back on track.

Hope you are all doing great. :) I have some catching up to do since I had no internet for those 2 weeks.

Cheers!

chicamala
Fri, Jul-30-04, 11:13
Hey, AFwife....glad you are settled and back into the swing of things. Where did you move to? I must have missed something as my mom was in town and I wasn't reading the boards all that much....not that I could keep up with this awesome, active board to begin with. :lol:

AFwife
Fri, Jul-30-04, 11:31
I'm still in England just moved from one house to another. We were living out in the economy and decided to move into base housing instead.

chicamala
Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:00
oh, I see....I bet having that move behind you is a relief.

AFwife
Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:04
Yes it is. No more moving headaches for another 3 years. And who know's where they'll send us next. :)

Take care.

Nille
Sat, Jul-31-04, 02:00
67,4 kg

148.6 lbs

All holiday weight is def off and I've lost ANOTHER 2,9 lb - 1,3 kg this week !!

yiiiiiiiiihaaaaaa !!!!

widdlemama
Sat, Jul-31-04, 08:26
67,4 kg

148.6 lbs

All holiday weight is def off and I've lost ANOTHER 2,9 lb - 1,3 kg this week !!

yiiiiiiiiihaaaaaa !!!!

Way to go Nellie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

widdlemama
Sat, Jul-31-04, 08:33
Yes it is. No more moving headaches for another 3 years. And who know's where they'll send us next. :)

Take care.

Hi AFwife. Glad to see you back on the board. Things were a little slow around here without you :agree:

Please thank your husband for me for all he he doing for our country and our 6 kids. I am so gratefull to him and all our guys in the forces. I also thank you because I know it wouldn't be easy on you either having to move every few years. But I think it is wonderful of you too to support your man the way you do. BIG THANKS from me and my family

AFwife
Sat, Jul-31-04, 09:37
Hi AFwife. Glad to see you back on the board. Things were a little slow around here without you :agree:

Please thank your husband for me for all he he doing for our country and our 6 kids. I am so gratefull to him and all our guys in the forces. I also thank you because I know it wouldn't be easy on you either having to move every few years. But I think it is wonderful of you too to support your man the way you do. BIG THANKS from me and my family

Thank you Widdle. DH thanks you too. It's been really hard at times but it's been very rewarding being in the military. I'm happy with how things are going for us and pray DH and all other military members always return home safely.

Hugs!

Renee'
Thu, Aug-05-04, 12:32
Hi folks,

How long does it take before one begins to see some good stuff from the OoO? I've been taking it for four days now, and was just wondering if I should be seeing any results? I'm not trying to lose weight. All I've noticed so far is that it makes me really tired after I take it, and my brain fog seems worse. I take the liquid....one drop has 140mg's in it. It sure does like to burn when I first take it too. :D

chicamala
Thu, Aug-05-04, 12:35
Could you be suffering from die-off...where the yeasty beasties are dying? If so, it may be a week before you feel better...some people it was less...some people it was more. The key is that it is killing the yeast which inhibit good health. Once they are gone, you should feel better. I know that it took me about a week. I feel wonderful now. HOpe this helps.

Nille
Thu, Aug-05-04, 12:42
It sure does like to burn when I first take it too. :D
Have you tried deluting it ?? I fill a tablespoon with water and put the drops in that. Sometimes it stings, sometimes not. If it does, I have a glass of water handy gulp it down with !!

I think Chicamala is right, sounds like die off to me. I'm sure you'll feel better soon. It's really worth it !

Good luck !

Renee'
Thu, Aug-05-04, 15:03
Thanks to both of you for your responses. Yes (grrrrr) I'm afraid I'm loaded with those blasted little beasties, LOL. I believe that it IS die-off. I just wanted a quick confirmation that there IS LIFE after die off. :lol:

Thanks a bunch!!
love,
Renee' :wave:

neen
Mon, Aug-09-04, 08:06
I need some confirmation too. I started taking OoO 4 days ago. Day 1 was o.k, Day2 didn't feel to hot and was tired. Day3 hit by truck...headache , extreme fatigue :yawn: and finally had to take tylenol 3 to get rid of the headache as Ibuprofen was doing nothing. It must be die off. I had to take birthcontrol pills for a few monthes as a hormonal experiment and Dr Atkins says this can really contribute to Yeast build up.

Lanny
Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:07
Ok, been taking them for about 2 weeks now and lost maybe an inch here and there...did not lose any weight though...not sure if its that or all the biking ive been doing or what....i went on my bike and did 25k here and 40kthere so not so sure if its the o0o....

:q: do we have to stop taking o0o for 2 weeks like ive read in some post? if so why?

thanks
lan

Pat S.
Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:27
I have never taken a break, I don't know why some thought you had to take a break. If the person who posted it would explain why they though we should I know it would be appreciated. TIA Pat S.

chicamala
Mon, Aug-09-04, 10:22
I just bought some new OoO last night. I can tell that the stuff I bought previously was very weak. This stuff is shockingly hot! I feel like someone through a wet blanket on me and I am very achy. I thought that I went through die off, so I'm not sure why I feel like this.

I did some research last night and in doing so read on a few sites that you should cycle the OoO by doing fifteen days on and fifteen days off....but on other sites there is no mention of it. None of them mention why you should cycle.

I'd like to know also. My brother said that I should be careful as it kills off the good bacteria as well...and I didn't read anything about it doing that on any website...soooooo......anybodies guess is as good as mine.

Lanny
Mon, Aug-09-04, 11:21
Hi, someone by the name AFWife said:

I take 2 drops in water twice a day.
Don't even notice the flavor anymore. I'm doing 2 wks on 2 wks off. Tomorrow is end of my first 2 wks on.
I lost 10 pounds in the first 3 days of taking this.
Then 2 more pounds last week....

that post is here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174445

or under the post: How do you take Oil of Oregano...
hopefully someone answers our question...

lan

Zuleikaa
Mon, Aug-09-04, 12:11
OOO is selective. It doesn't kill off the good bacteria, nor does the bad react to it by mutating or becoming resistant.

chicamala
Mon, Aug-09-04, 12:26
Thanks Zuleikka. I am going to continue taking everyday without any breaks. I can't bare the energy lapse when I'm off of it.

Lanny
Mon, Aug-09-04, 13:45
Yes thank you Zul...a few said to stop every two weeks but im sure they read that somewhere too...it can get confusing after a while when you keep doing research cause often no one says the same thing or it changes a bit...

lan

MeltingFst
Thu, Aug-12-04, 23:31
I take OoO by putting 3-4 drops in an empty capsule 2 times a day, (only because I read it was horrible-tasting). I think once the empty capsules run out I'll just do what some of the others here do, dilute it with water & drink it real fast.

On the subjuct of cycling: After reading thru all the pages of this post, I came to the conclusion that you are supposed to take OoO 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks off because you could build an immunity to it. I cycled it the first month, and haven't since, and still experience the energy boost I get from taking it.

Hope this answers your question.

AFwife
Fri, Aug-13-04, 02:07
Well as of today I'm back on OoO. We've decided to put baby making off till after our trip to Spain next year. Wouldn't want to go into labor right before the trip, that would suck. :)

Take care ya'll.

Lanny
Fri, Aug-13-04, 06:34
Ayup AFWife...i have a question for you....in some of your post you mention that you stop every 2 weeks on o0o....some says you dont have to...but i would be helpful to find out why you or others stop every 2 weeks :confused: ....cause it might help me and others to understand more about o0o...ive been on it for about 3 weeks lost and inch here and there...didnt lose any weight... and i feel so bloated... :(

thanks
lan

Lanny
Fri, Aug-13-04, 06:39
hmmmmmm i just got up and what i meant is: IT would be helpful .....and

AN inch here and there....

sorry havent slept much my brain isnt following my fingers....or would it be the fingers arent following the brain...lol

lan
:bash:

BlitzedAng
Fri, Aug-13-04, 06:39
I was very bloated when taking OoO.. Sure the extra energy was nice but that bloat only went away for me when I went off it.

Angel

Nille
Fri, Aug-13-04, 06:53
I was a bit worried about a month ago, when I thought I had to get off the OoO for 2 weeks, - and I didn't want to. Here is one of the wanswers I got:

You don't have too!! I was reading a leaflet at the HF store where I buy my ooo and one of the benefits was that our bodies do not become immune/tolerant to the effects. So..ooo on, baby!! :D
So why cycle it then ??? I'm not !! And so far I'm still losing...:)

AFwife
Fri, Aug-13-04, 07:20
Ayup AFWife...i have a question for you....in some of your post you mention that you stop every 2 weeks on o0o....some says you dont have to...but i would be helpful to find out why you or others stop every 2 weeks :confused: ....cause it might help me and others to understand more about o0o...ive been on it for about 3 weeks lost and inch here and there...didnt lose any weight... and i feel so bloated... :(

thanks
lan

I just started it up again after being off for about 2 months. When I did cycle it I did it cause I didn't want to allow my body to get use to it and therefore lose it's effect. But just prior to stopping it I was taking it without cycling it which is what I'll be doing now too cause after much experimenting with it I found that as long as I'm on it, I'm not bloated even during TOM, which is nice.

Good luck to you, I'm off to take my second dose for the day.

Cheers!

Lanny
Fri, Aug-13-04, 09:17
Ok thank you AFWife....but i still feel bloated everyday and worst today...for the pass 2 weeks its been like that...and i dont have that extra energy like everyone says....but my breathing is better when i bike longer distance...even when i was thinner like a size 7, my legs felt and still feels like they weigh a ton...i bike, rollerblade, walk and walk...and still the same...im not really overweight but no matter what size i am my legs are always tire...but, they are extremely strong...i took potasium and that made me gain weight galor...i tried all sorts whats suppose to be good for this and that and NOTHING works...so go figure...im that odd ball that whatever i do it has to be 10x more then normal to get any results...its over a year ive been in a stall...i dont gain but i dont lose...the o0o is good for my breathing im glad for that...right now im looking into Relacore but cant have it here in Canada...everyone refuses to ship it here cause of our Rules...must be a way to get it here...or just drive to the border i guess...but the crossing the border is like 2-3 hours now...:( read somewhere Relacore is great for Fibro which i have and controlling it with the watercure...and being an pighead italian i refuse to quit and give up...its not in my dictionary...so pain or no pain i go out there and push...so for the o0o, probably i will stop cause im starting to get pains in my lower back kidney side...havent taken any today...and will not take any for the weekend...just to see what happens...

health is too important...rather stay that 15lbs overweight then sick...not worth it...

again thank you
lan :)

AFwife
Fri, Aug-13-04, 09:38
I agree, maybe you just don't need to be taking OoO not if it's the cause for you feeling crappy.

Let us know how it goes when you are off it. :)

chicamala
Fri, Aug-13-04, 12:15
I'm still feeling somewhat crappy after starting on this newer OoO. This is potent stuff. I started it Saturday, and it looks like I'm down 4 pounds now since then.
Only other change I've made is I'm using an exercise bike for 30-45 minutes each day instead of doing one and a half hours of walking. I thought I'd be able to do both, but I'm just too pooped, and it's just too hot to walk outside.

I will have to see what the scale says on my official weigh-in this coming Monday.

widdlemama
Tue, Aug-17-04, 10:38
UPDATE and For those who feel bloated. I felt bloated for the first few weeks then nothing. I tried cycling but that only lasted a few days because I didn't have the energy like when on it. I have taken it everyday for a few months now and love it. I take 150mg 3 times a day. I also take relecore. I LOVE the combination. I am up to 7 miles a day 6 days a week on my walking/running. I am now finally after 15 weeks of walking (started out at 5 mile per day but was doing 3 before that) down 10 lbs. SO I'm back at my lowest point of 135 lbs. I think now the muscles are established and the weight should just be melting away! I have been having yogurt every morning too. I love it with SF jello (powder) mixed into it. It is a nice light breakfast and I don't get cramps when running.

I now feel confident that I will shortly hit my goal of 120 then maybe down as low as 110.

chicamala
Tue, Aug-17-04, 13:24
Great to hear Widdlemama! I'm down another three as of last night. I feel better the last two days than I have since starting on that stronger form of OoO. I am getting my energy back. I did have a visit from TOM so that could have been a big part of the cruddy feeling.

AFwife
Tue, Aug-17-04, 13:36
My energy has been better since starting OoO again. I missed it yesterday and felt sluggish.

Gotta remember not to miss my dose's.

Cheers!

AFwife
Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:45
I've noticed that my face isn't bloated anymore since starting up OoO again. Before I looked like I was storing food in my cheeks. :lol: It's nice to see the bloat gone.

xotcbabe
Fri, Aug-20-04, 16:45
Where can i purchase here in orange county, ca
i called gnc and they only have 200 mg.. i dont wanna take that much.. im scared
Does it feel like diet pills that you feel shivery and fainty?

im really glad that its working out for everybody

AFwife
Fri, Aug-20-04, 16:48
I got mine from www.drugstore.com and it's only 10mg's.

I never felt shivery or faint thank goodness.

Good luck to ya. :)

xotcbabe
Fri, Aug-20-04, 17:34
thanks afwife,
10mg? isn't too small for a dose? would it still work ?
Have u lost anything or what bout the side effects

thanks a bunch :)

Nille
Sat, Aug-21-04, 01:13
10mg? isn't too small for a dose? would it still work ?
Have u lost anything or what bout the side effects
Lost anything ???? Woooooowww, AFWife here is the poster image of losing on OoO !! Side effects ? Possible weight loss, new energy, rashes, itches, candida - gone....yupp there is side effects allright !!

Take the time to read this thread from the start and you'll learn a lot about it.

My OoO is the same AFWife is using, it's from GNC - Herbal Plus. 0.5 fl. oz bottle/15 ml. Each serving contains 10 mg of Oregano Leaves extract guaranteed to provide a minimum of 60% Carvacrol (.6 mg). I take one serving (two drops) in the morning and one serving (two drops) at night. Tried taking more but it upset my stomack. This is potent stuff and clean. The pills are made up with other stuff as well in them, but I guess they work the same way. Some people in here use pills, some use drops. Some put the drops in gel caps....

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/79117/300.jpg It's worth a try - but read the thread. There is a lot of info here !!

Good luck to you !!

Duncanalan
Tue, Aug-24-04, 04:04
Not really been following this thread but:

If you are losing weight from taking oregano and not cutting down on food input or increasing exercise the weight loss is probably because the oregano is causing the food to pass through rapidly and therefore not being digested. Oreganos tends to cause huury guts. My experinence in taking Oregano for candida treatment is it gives me very loose stool. Just cause it's a natural product does not mean it is safe for prolonged use. It might be but don't assume it. Some essential oils are toxic.

Duncan (UK)

Nille
Tue, Aug-24-04, 06:54
Appreciated your concern Duncanalan. But you really should read the whole thread - we've been through all that why and how and if itīs dangerous or not. If you get tummy problems taking it, you might take too much. Or your body might not be handling it too well. We're all different and different people react different ways. Everybody needs to find out for themself if their bodies can handle it, and if not - if they get allergic reactions of any kind, they should not take it.

I don't get stomack trouble taking it..... :blush: Quite normal thankyou ! :p
....and i broke my 6 month stall....:)

AFwife
Tue, Aug-24-04, 10:50
Lost anything ???? Woooooowww, AFWife here is the poster image of losing on OoO !! Side effects ? Possible weight loss, new energy, rashes, itches, candida - gone....yupp there is side effects allright !!

Take the time to read this thread from the start and you'll learn a lot about it.

My OoO is the same AFWife is using, it's from GNC - Herbal Plus. 0.5 fl. oz bottle/15 ml. Each serving contains 10 mg of Oregano Leaves extract guaranteed to provide a minimum of 60% Carvacrol (.6 mg). I take one serving (two drops) in the morning and one serving (two drops) at night. Tried taking more but it upset my stomack. This is potent stuff and clean. The pills are made up with other stuff as well in them, but I guess they work the same way. Some people in here use pills, some use drops. Some put the drops in gel caps....

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/79117/300.jpg It's worth a try - but read the thread. There is a lot of info here !!

Good luck to you !!

Yup that's the same one I take. I missed it again today, damn it. Gonna have to put it some where easy to see so I don't forget.

nutsnseeds
Tue, Aug-24-04, 11:32
Ya know - it just occured to me that the capsules I have been taking are wild oregano (vitamin shoppe) but are not oil - they appear to be the dried herb. Have I just been wasting my time and money? Does it need to be the oil? Many thanks in advance for your info.

Jen B
Tue, Aug-24-04, 12:52
From everything I've read (and I've read an awful LOT about this recently), it needs to be the oil to really benefit "systemic" health conditions like candida, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, liver problems, use as an antibiotic, sinusitus, digestive ailments, toe nail fungus, etc., etc.

I've also done a lot of reading about the various brands, and I'm convinced that the North American Herb & Spice Company has some pretty superior OoO products. I just bought Oreganol Super Strength oil (which is very concentrated - it's touted as being "physician strength"). It's a 1-oz bottle for $44 from Amazon (with free shipping). The regular price of this product is supposedly $74! That's the cheapest I found it anywhere. And you use it very judiciously because of its concentration, so the bottle should go a long way. I figured I needed the strongest I could get because I need some drastic healing power! I think that if you're really looking to heal something chronic, not just any brand will do! (Some brands that say they are oregano oil are really the oil from thyme and other herbs!). It has to be guaranteed pure oregano oil grown wild in the mountains of the Mediterranean.

http://www.thepowermall.com/oreganoproducts/faq.htm#5 This is a "frequently asked question" link that I found to be highly informative. I have also ordered the book, "The Cure Is In The Cupboard," by Cass Ingram, which is supposed to be a virtual Bible on the use of oregano for almost anything that ails ya. Looking very much forward to reading it; it has some information on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue (which I've got big time).

http://www.nutritionworld.com/oreganol/test.html This is a link with some pretty impressive testimonials from users of the North American Herb & Spice oregano products.

I have been taking Oreganol regular strength for 6 days now, 2-3 drops under the tongue 2-3 times per day. It's strong tasting and pretty warm, but I love spicy food, so I actually have gotten to like taking the oil. I seem to be having those nasty die-off symptoms they talk about: nausea, gas pains, diahrrea, kind of a raspy throat, headaches, mucous, runny nose. I feel pretty bad physically, but emotionally I feel very good about this because I know that Oreganol is killing and eliminating some nasty stuff that I don't need in my body.

I have had fibromyalgia pain and chronic fatigue for many years. My pain seems to be lessening some and I'm feeling a little more energy on day 6. I don't know if this is just part of my regular ups-and-downs, or if it is the Oreganol kicking in already. Only time will tell.

I've been reading that some medical folks now think these syndromes are caused by viruses, and OoO is a very potent anti-viral agent. I should add that I'm also eating 3 Tbls. of coconut oil every day too, another potent anti-viral.

I promised myself I would stay on low carbs, no alcohol, no caffeine, lots of water, and OoO and CO for 2 months before I add or subtract anything from my regime. I don't take any other supplements, first of all because I hate pills, and second because I read that nutritional supplements will feed viruses and make them more vigilant. I'm not going to weigh myself until 2 months either. Weight loss is secondary to me now. Besides, I get really frustrated if the scale doesn't move when I make it all about weight.

I hope this information is helpful to someone.

Jen B
Tue, Aug-24-04, 13:09
The link I gave in my post above is, I believe, general testimonials for oregano oil. The link below is testimonials for the North American Herb & Spice oregano products:

http://www.oreganol.com/Testimonials.cfm

onehotmama
Tue, Aug-24-04, 13:28
I swear by ooo - i have noticed a difference since I ran out last month! I went and bought my bottle again toeay and am back on the stuff....I use the liquid as well.

Amzippity
Tue, Aug-24-04, 14:40
I read 26 pages, and alas, I can not read anymore today. So I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously. I hope to read more of this thread at another time. I'm looking forward to trying the OoO, though.

my question is somewhat off-topic, but I thought you guys might be able to help.

Do you know if die-off symptoms can occur when you start to take other supplements? Hubby started taking supplements last week and was feeling horrible for the few days he took them. At first he took them w/o food, but when he started to take them with food he still felt horrible. He had diarrea, a high temp and other flu-like symptoms. He also has vasculitis, and symptoms of vasculitis are flu-like so we're very careful when he starts to feel poorly. Unfortunately, no one knows what causes his vasculitis so we're not sure if that's what it was. today he stopped the supplements and feels better. (he also started taking prednisone yesterday for the vasculitis).

Anyway, the supplements he was taking are as follows:

Multivitamin
Vitamin C (3g)
Vitamin E (400IU)
Omega 3-6-9 (no, it doesn't contain OoO! it's flax seed, borage seed oil, fish oil, linoleic acid and others)
calcium (600mg x 2)
magnesium with zinc (250 mg x 2, less of the zinc)

Could any of those cause die off symptoms? I want him to try the spit test tomorrow and see if he may have a yeast problem. i'm pretty sure that I do!

bevbme
Tue, Aug-24-04, 15:08
Is it just me or do testimonials that say it cured a broken leg , asthma, arthritis and hep c make you decide NOT to buy into a product rather then to try it.?

Cynical I know. Still if it cures dandruff I might have to break down and try it.

Jen B
Tue, Aug-24-04, 15:38
Amzippity,

Magnesium most definitely causes diarrhea and nausea, especially magnesium oxide. I had this experience. I switched to chelated magnesium malate and lowered the dosage, and it went away.

BabyPhat
Tue, Aug-24-04, 17:12
I had to jump on the bandwagon too.... I have been at 255 lbs., only for a week, but when I came across this thread, I just couldn't resist. Today is my first day taking them. I have 150 mg. gel capsules... so we shall see.....

Duncanalan
Wed, Aug-25-04, 02:26
Why do you think taking oregano is a solution to weight loss? What's the logic?

Duncan

Nille
Wed, Aug-25-04, 05:06
*sigh* For some candida overgrowth (or other) is the cause of their problem to lose weight. OoO helps combat candida (or other) and by that helps them lose weight. For people with no candida symptoms - OoO shows little or no change.

And of course, this is clearly explained earlier in this thread.

That's the point and all there is to it really....

BabyPhat
Wed, Aug-25-04, 09:19
scale showed 1 pound lost this morning...it might be the oil of oregano or it could be the fact that I have lowered my calories and carbs, who knows... but I am at 254 now instead of 255....only 14 more pounds until I reach my mini goal by 9-25-04...

Duncanalan
Fri, Aug-27-04, 01:13
Thats not logic, that's just speculation. What's the explanation as to why candida makes you fat. Of it is that you have 20lb of yeast in your intestine.

If OoO does anything it might be because it has a laxative effect. That's a way to lose weigth, take laxatives.

Duncan

Nille
Fri, Aug-27-04, 04:39
Duncanalan

Nobody said candida makes you fat. Candida could be keeping you from losing weight.

But as you clearly know a lot more about this than several researchers, well known specialists and scientists, - I will not use your (or mine) time or energy to discuss this matter further.

With as much respect as I can master .....

AFwife
Fri, Aug-27-04, 05:16
Oh my goodness I can't believe what I'm reading. Come on people!

I mean really..... so some of use believe our weight loss has been helped by OoO and some of us don't think it does a damn thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion here but lets not turn this thread into a war zone. :nono:

I mean we could sit here and argue forever.

Some people believe that Xenadrine has helped them lose weight. Well I took it for a month and lost nothing on it. Zero, zip, nada! Who's to say it's that we want it to work so bad regardless of what product we are taking, that that is the actual reason it works, because we will it too and not because it was manufactured to. Get what I mean.

OoO helps some and it doesn't help others that is the fact here.

Peace!

BabyPhat
Fri, Aug-27-04, 05:36
Ditto... AFwife.......

Nille
Fri, Aug-27-04, 05:55
I completely agree AF Wife, that's why I've clearly stated I've said my last word on the matter. This is not a war zone and it shouldn't be turned into one.

AFwife
Fri, Aug-27-04, 08:39
Well I've noticed that my ears don't itch anymore right after taking the OoO. hummmmmmm I wonder why that is. No burpies either. :lol:

I have on some sweat pants that use to be tight on me and today they feel loose. What a great feeling.

Anyways, I feel more energetic since starting up OoO again. I've been sewing like mad. :lol: I made DH an apron since he loves to cook and BBQ. When he gets home I'll have him wear it and post a picture of it.

Well take care ya'll and keep the peace. :)

Amzippity
Fri, Aug-27-04, 11:52
I just had to post because I am so relieved - I just finished reading all 108 pages!!! Yeah me! It's amazing that this thread kept my interest this long. :lol:

I decided around pg 40 to buy some OoO and I ordered the nature's way brand from vitacost. However, a few hours ago they called me and said they're out of stock!! Thanks, guys! :lol:

So now I'm planning my trip to GNC for after I get out of work. I'm a gold card member, but I just cant wait until the 1st of the month for the discount!

I'll post when I find out if there are any results from the OoO. Hubby will be taking it too.

AFwife
Fri, Aug-27-04, 12:44
Can't wait to hear from ya Amzippity. :)

Have a good weekend.

chicamala
Fri, Aug-27-04, 14:50
Have three fellows with sinus infections that have finally been talked into giving it a try. They started a day and a half ago and already can tell it's working. They can't stand the taste, but are willing to follow through now that they see it may work for them.

I may have lost another two pounds. I can truly tell a difference in my energy. I had a time with some sugar and was negligent on the OoO for a few days. Had a yeast infection start, but I nipped it in the bud by taking the OoO like I am suppose to and stopping the sugar...it went away pretty quickly.

Looking forward to hearing your results AMzippity.

edited to add: I wanted to say that having each person testify to their success or failure on this thread has been a real help. There is scientific evidence that OoO can help people. But that doesn't affect my decision to try it so much as seeing how it has truly helped so many people. None of us have anything to gain by sharing our results...just a common interest in seeing all come to a better state of health on this board.

musicmama
Fri, Aug-27-04, 18:17
Just bought some yesterday at WalMart, this is the second day for me. I will let ya all know if I see a difference.

Nille
Sat, Aug-28-04, 10:12
Didn't take my OoO last week as I didn't bring it with me on a business trip. Last time I packed it, the bottle leaked and everything in my suitcase reeked of OoO ..... or a pizza bakery - your choice ! :lol:

This week I haven't lost any weight, but 1 lb in fat mass and gained 1 lb in lean body mass - I've also gone down a size the last two weeks. That must count for something - right !!!?

I'm back on OoO now - and my energy is back too !

musicmama
Sat, Aug-28-04, 21:58
Feeling kinda sleepy and sluggish, headachey too. Must be working, eh?? Is it my imagination, or is my skin already clearing up??????

BabyPhat
Sun, Aug-29-04, 22:39
do any of you think the oil is better than the gel capsules... I have been taking it for about a week now and I've lot a pound, no die off symptoms or anything...

amethyst1
Sun, Aug-29-04, 23:36
First of all, let me thank 2Brickie for starting this thread by sharing her experience. Also, thank all of you who cared to share their experiences as well, b/c after much searching, I finally found this thread last night, and I was up half the night reading all of them. Yes, all of them. I have thought I might be yeast sensitive for a week now, and after reading the DANDR chapter, I was convinced. So, after about the 20th post, I decided I was going out to try the OoO. I bought the more expensive Nature's brand b/c I thought I could tell a trend that the higher dosages caused burping and flatulance. I had energy to burn today. I also have a annoying little headache that won't go away, so I am hoping that is a "die-off" symptom and not a "side effect" I have been stalled for awhile and bloated feeling so I will report back if that improves.
Thank you all again. This forum rocks!!

adkpam
Mon, Aug-30-04, 04:58
I spent all of yesterday afternoon reading this thread...gee, it was just as fascinating as a good novel! The large cast of characters...the vivid descriptions!

First thing this morning I took the spit test:http://www.synergy-health.co.uk/supplements/threelac.html

(don't pay much attention to the rest of it, but near the bottom there's the test)

and within minutes I got the cloudy precipitate, which I think means I have a problem.

Without this thread it would never have occurred to me, since I don't have any of the syptoms described in DANDR. Rainy days actually energize me, for instance. But I took the little add up the numbers test listed elsewhere, and they got me thinking.

So I've ordered my stuff from the Wolfe Clinic:
http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html

because they seem quite reasonable and fussy about their type and quality of the oil. I have to wait two weeks, but I live in an area with no GNC or anything like that...

And I've got a friend with terrible allergies that I've got excited about it...and my big hope is that will help my husband with CFIDS, since he does have the symptoms in DANDR...it could be his CFIDS, or not.

Both of us took big double courses of antibiotics this spring for a nasty bronchitis, and his turned into sinusitis, so I think it would help.

Okay...now I have to be patient.

Amzippity
Mon, Aug-30-04, 11:09
Well, I'm on my third day of OoO. Both me and hubby are taking it. We're using the GNC Herbal Plus Oil.
So far, I'm not sure what to think. Yesterday I was tired, took a little nap and I had a headache all afternoon and evening. The nap was unusual, the headache wasnt. I'm not sure about weight changes yet since tomorrow is weigh-day. Today, hubby feels like he has flu-symptoms, but he gets sick frequently so it could be or could not be the OoO.
So, overall, I have no idea if the OoO is doing anything yet or not! Maybe... I'll post again when I have a better idea.

I do have a question though - when can I take the second dose of my drops? Is it okay to take it in the evening? I get home from work around 8 or 9pm and I'm wondering if that's too late. The other option is buying the capsules and bringing a dose with me to work, but I'd rather not if taking it at night is okay.
What do you guys think?

adkpam
Mon, Aug-30-04, 12:20
Amzippity, I would think if you don't have any problems with not sleeping it would be fine.

I went out to our local health food store with my friend with the allergy problems, and I got Nature's Answer, diluted with olive oil, and she got the gelcaps because of what everyone told me here about the taste...the cost per dose was actually better with the gelcaps, but they only had the one bottle and I wanted her to have it.

I took a dose with lunch (4 drops) and my tummy does feel warm now...when my stuff comes from the Wolfe Clinic, I think that's the full strength stuff, so I'll dilute it with my own olive oil.

The experiment is on.

Amzippity
Mon, Aug-30-04, 12:36
I forgot to mention - I can barely taste the stuff at all. I put 2 drops in a shot glass 1/2 full of water and then down the whole thing. It doesnt burn or anything.

I'm wondering... I eat a lot of spicy food. Are people who are more sensitive to spicy food more sensitive to the OoO taste too? I've seen some people who think it's unbearable, and some who dont find it bad at all like me. Any thoughts? I'm just curious.

musicmama
Mon, Aug-30-04, 12:50
Well, I seem to have more energy today...but am bloated some,,,hmmmm,. wonder if this stuff is working for me. No headache today, but have had for the last three days...Time will tell.

musicmama
Mon, Aug-30-04, 12:51
Skin is MUCH better though!!!! Thats a plus right there!!

Nille
Mon, Aug-30-04, 12:52
Today, hubby feels like he has flu-symptoms, but he gets sick frequently so it could be or could not be the OoO
Sounds like die-off symptoms to me.... will pass in a day or two according to the others in here....

I do have a question though - when can I take the second dose of my drops? Is it okay to take it in the evening? I get home from work around 8 or 9pm and I'm wondering if that's too late. The other option is buying the capsules and bringing a dose with me to work, but I'd rather not if taking it at night is okay.
What do you guys think?
I'm taking 2 drops in the morning and 2 in the evening (right before going to bed so it's pretty late). For a short period I took 3-4 morning AND evening - but it upset my stomack and I didn't get any better results (no change except for stomack trouble - for two weeks !) I think it's a waste to take more than 2 + 2, as this is the dosage recommended by most suppliers as well - including Dr. Cass Ingram who wrote The Hidden Mysteries Books.

The Wolf Clinic people also recommend 4 drops a day - in their homepage they say: Take one drop twice per day working your way to one drop four times per day. Mix with one teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, or olive oil to improve palatability.

I take it in a tablespoon of water but have a glass on the side in case it tastes too bad !

I think AFWife has tried several different ways of taking it to. She might have better ideas !!

Good luck to you - but give it at least a week before expecting results !!

:sunny:

Amzippity
Mon, Aug-30-04, 13:07
Dont worry, I'm not rushed to expect results! :) I was hoping, but I'm not surprised that nothing's happened yet.
I'll try taking my second dose at night, then, and hope I have no trouble sleeping.
I think I'm going to stick to the 2 drops in AM and 2 drops in PM. I have heard that "less is more" with this stuff, and since it's so expensive I think I'll just stick to that for a while.
Thanks!
Hopefully I'll have nothing but good results. We'll see... :)

chicamala
Mon, Aug-30-04, 13:40
I love spicey foods. My first bottle which was cheaper didn't burn me at all. The second bottle, a different and much more expensive brand, burns like crazy. I still take it under my tongue....I let it sit for a minute and then I gulp some ice water and swish it around.

amethyst1
Mon, Aug-30-04, 23:25
OK, day two of the OoO challenge. I woke up before my 4 year old! And that was after being kept awake most of the night! Can't believe I felt so awake this AM. I have always been a night owl and hate getting up in the AM.
During the day I felt sluggish, bloated, with a low-grade headache. But I was down .5 lbs again! Have any of you who has been on this stuff longer noticed bloating? It's frustrating b/c I am trying to get rid of bloat!
Tomorrow is another day!

Zuleikaa
Tue, Aug-31-04, 07:02
Some people who have taken OOO at night couldn't sleep so for them it's better taken late afternoon.

I have to take it before 6 pm or I won't sleep.

adkpam
Tue, Aug-31-04, 08:10
I took my second dose around 7pm, went to bed at 11 pm as usual, but of course it's very early yet.

I have the dilute kind, so I don't taste it much after the first few minutes. I'll get an update from my friend with the allergies, she's out of town today.

I did tease her a little...I stopped by after lunch, after we both took our first dose, to report my tummy was a little warm....then a couple of hours later to tell her I felt "tingly" (both true) and then right before quitting time to say I had this strange feeling of an extra hand growing out of my elbow...

I just like making her laugh when she feels rotten.

2brickie
Tue, Aug-31-04, 21:51
Hey guys its been awhile for me, I am still taking my OOO daily and loving it. I have my little girl on it for scalp psoriasis and it is amazing how much difference and how quickly it helped. I use the Coconut Oil on her head and have her take the OOO daily. The pediatrician told me there was no cure for it, and she would have this problem for life, she was totally amazed when I took her back. She was even more amazed at how I got rid of it. I still weigh my goal weight and love the energy I get from the OOO and the clear skin. Keep up the good work and Im glad it has worked for some and sorry to those it didnt help. My mom did tell me that she has been using it and it has really helped her to keep from catching the little colds as she works at the elementary school. I am thinking of putting my little boy on it to, as he gets strep so easily. I dont know but if it would help I would do it, as he is always on antibiotics and that cant be good either. Good luck again and let us all know you are doing.

amethyst1
Tue, Aug-31-04, 23:55
Had post nasal drip this AM. Bloated, even kind of swollen - retaining water. I took the Candida water test someone posted earlier... yep, you guessed it, positive. So I guess I am on the right track. I can't wait for these die-off symptoms to cease though!

musicmama
Wed, Sep-01-04, 07:34
Anybody else noticing they are sweating more????
Skin is clearer, no weightloss yet though, and dont feel a lot of energy,,,its been five days now..did get up an hour earlier today just by waking up..maybe its starting to work, eh?

adkpam
Wed, Sep-01-04, 08:05
I AM warmer, I do think so, though it's been in the 70's here this week.

I woke up feeling quite perky...I did miss that. Even since the pnuemonia/bronchitis this summer, I've been feeling low. I hope the OoO will help that.

Can't wait to get my full strength stuff and put it in my shampoo. 2brickie, I'm so glad it worked for your little girl!

BKM
Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:04
"I am thinking of putting my little boy on it to, as he gets strep so easily. I dont know but if it would help I would do it, as he is always on antibiotics and that cant be good either."

A "natural doctor" suggested OoO and probiotics for my daughter, who gets strep throat frequently. He said that the probiotics would encourage a healthy intestinal flora for her, and the OoO would eliminate the strept organism. He also said that she aboslutely must stop eating sugar (try getting a skinny 19-year-old who's away at college to do that!) -- that the sugar encourages all sorts of nasty things to grow.....

2brickie
Wed, Sep-01-04, 15:11
My problem is if I took my little boy off sugar he wouldnt eat much haha. He has strep in his system all the time they are thinking so Im willing to try anything to keep him off so many antibiotics. It is hard because it just seems like we are always giving him something stronger to kill it, so if the OOO works that will be great

Duncanalan
Thu, Sep-02-04, 02:24
If you have candida and you are taking OoO but still eating SUGAR and refined CARBs your wasting your time.

Also your not going to beat OoO in a few days or a couple of weeks. Yeast is an extremely hardy organism.

Someone has said it before - candida of the gut is never beaten, just controlled. You slacken your diet a bit (casue you feel fell) and every time its getting stronger. It may take a few months or a year or two, but the more you slacken your diet the sooner it will return.

Dump the donuts, pizzas, burgers, fries, dairy foods, and the rest of the crap the food industry wants you to eat - change you life. Probably find you lose some weight as well.

Zuleikaa
Thu, Sep-02-04, 05:30
I disagree. OOO kills yeast in multitudes and if taken daily will eventually kill the yeast. Eating yeast nuturing foods might make it take a bit longer but it will happen. Of course I am not talking about overdoing the carbs and cheese either but they can be eaten in moderation and yeast will still be killed. Of course if you stop taking OOO and keep eating yeast foods, it will reinfect you.

adkpam
Fri, Sep-03-04, 17:40
Well, I definitely seem to have my energy back. I had a tough bout of something in late June (two courses of antibiotics) and felt I hadn't bounced back.

Well, baby, I'm back!

I feel energetic again. And my mom said today I positively glowed.

I gotta tell you, my bathroom at work is all tiled, dingy walls, and lots of fluorescents. Any little uneven skin tone shows up in the mirror like x-ray vision. Even when my makeup is fine and I look good in sunlight, this room makes me look awful.

Well, my face looks much more even in the mirror-from-heck. It feels better. Don't get me wrong, it was doing fine with low carbing, I loved it. But this has calmed down even the patches that were left.

Neato.

The inch off my waist in a week is just a dang bonus!

Amzippity
Tue, Sep-07-04, 12:39
Oil of Oregano update:

Well, I started OoO on Aug 28th, so I've been on it for 10 days now.

So far, no change. :( No weight loss or measurement changes. My tummy "feels" smaller, but I think it's my imagination. I have no energy increase, my tongue is still white and I've seen no other changes as I was hoping.

Hubby went on it for a while, but his die off symptoms were so bad that he had to stop. I actually read some stuff about die off that I hadn't read on this post when I read it through. The info sources that I've found say that die off symptoms occur when your killing off more yeast than your body can dispose of. So your body is in toxic overload, and you start to exhibit die off symptoms. They say that when yeast is treated properly, you should not exhibit die off symptoms and if you do, then you should decrease the amount of medication or OoO that you are using and increase slowly when the symptoms get better. (sorry, I dont have the references for this right now, but I can find them if anyone is interested.)
Anyway, hubby's going to try again in a week when he feels 100% again.

I'm going to stay on the OoO until I finish the bottle. I know it can take a while to see the positive benefits of OoO, and I'm hoping that it will just take a while to have that effect on me.

Zuleikaa
Tue, Sep-07-04, 14:01
We did mention about reducing OOO dosage if die off symptoms are severe.

Amzippity
Tue, Sep-07-04, 17:59
I did see that some people reduced OoO because of die off symptoms, but I didn't read anything that said that taking it was harmful if the die off symptoms were severe.
I might have missed it though. I read 108 pages over 2 days, so I may have missed a post or two.

Amzippity
Sun, Sep-12-04, 12:32
I'm think the OoO is starting to work. :D The past few days I've had more energy. I've been on this for over 2 weeks now, so it will be nice if it starts to show some benefits.
I dont want to speak too soon, but if my energy stays up all week, I think it may be due to the OoO!
Yay! :)

musicmama
Sun, Sep-12-04, 12:35
I am the same way,,,been on this for almost three weeks,,just now I am seeing the energy kick in, the bloating is less and i wake up earlier than usual. I feel great too.Havent been weighing often, but today I wore a suit to church that I wore a week ago, and it was lots looser!! I was surprised. A friend of mine said that her doctor prescribed OoO for her, so it must be good stuff!!!

Hellistile
Wed, Sep-15-04, 15:27
I can't believe I'm finally at the end of this thread after 3 days.

In my relentless pursuit for something/anything to alleviate my allergy/asthma symptions, I stumbled across OoO on another thread and went out the same day and bought, "JoyoftheMountain" drops, made in B.C. from wild mediteranean oregano. From what I have read on this thread this oil is comparible if not better than some of the oils other people are using.

After 36 hours, and taking only 1 drop every 12 hours (1 with breakfast, 1 with supper) these are my findings:

1. Complete loss of appetite and having to remind myself to eat.
2. Increased thirst which has increased my intake of water.
3. My sinuses are clear.

That's it. However, it's only been 36 hours, I'm only taking 2 drops a day and I'm just getting over a cold.

Will follow-up with further progress. I have a great feeling about this oil and my allergies/asthma and want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.

AlaneHilo
Wed, Sep-15-04, 21:05
After making my way to about page 48 of this thread I was convinced. I went out and bought probably the very last bottle of Oil of Oregano to be found in Hilo and immediately took a capsule. That was Friday (9/10).
The next morning I woke up early feeling far more energetic than I normally do for a Saturday and 1 lb lighter after hovering at 244 for a long time. Now, 6 days later I have lost a total of 4 lbs. So far, the effects on me:

1. more energy
2. decreased appetite and cravings
3. I think my complexion is improving - hard to tell at this point but will continue to monitor.
4. weight loss

The deciding factor for me was the purported benefits for your skin - I suffer from acne and I have keratosis pilaris something awful on my forearms. I have been applying the oil topically to my arms at night in addition to the daily supplement. It will probably take awhile of treatment to bring the keratosis under control.

I am taking Gaia Brand Oil of Oregano, 200mg gel cap with breakfast.

-Alane

AFwife
Tue, Sep-21-04, 01:02
Update:

OoO is keeping me from being bloated. That I like. :)

Dandruff is back so I'm using it on my shampoo again. Winter time always dries up my scalp. Yuck!

I find I have more energy when I'm on it then not. It's a good thing too cause I'll start work soon.

Well hope you are all doing great.

Cheers!

Cobbystock
Wed, Sep-22-04, 07:38
Fantastic thread, has taken me days to read it all. Have just ordered my OoO from lifefoods.co.uk. A bit pricy at Ģ24.85 but was having trouble finding it in the UK. I'm also taking Yeast Raiders from Holland & Barrett & Allimax (concentrated garlic) plus 1/4 tsp cinnamon daily. This is having a great effect. Certainly having a yeast die off, but want to drop the cinnamon for a while.

adkpam
Wed, Sep-22-04, 09:52
I didn't seem to get a yeast die-off reaction, but I DID get an increase in energy, and my skin looks great. I've had people come up to me and ask what I'm doing! Any rosacea sufferer should try it!

Nille
Wed, Sep-22-04, 11:43
My new shipment of OoO finally arrived today. In Norway we have some strickt import restrictions, and my brother packed L-Carnitine with the OoO when he sent it from the US. L-Carnitine is not allowed to import from other than EU-countries (US is DEF not EU) and the whole pack was returned to him in Houston. I had a choice. They (customs) could take the OoO and let me have that, but if they opened the package they would have to send L-Car to destruction. I've paid far too much for it to be destructed so I preferred the whole chebang to be returned (for my brother to bring in person next time he comes home - THAT is allowed).

So what did I do ?? I complained in here - and my wonderful Danish friend Titanic (also known as Jolly) on vacation on Florida offered to do some shopping for me in between hurricanes. She came home to Denmark on Monday, posted my L-Carnitine AND OoO on Wednesday and today it was in my mailbox, untouched tby customs hands, - AND perfectly legal as it was shipped from Denmark, a EU country. *phew* This is not meant to be easy !!

I'm a happy cucumber and back on both OoO and L-Carnitine as of NOW !!!

yesterday: :yay:

today: :hyper:

Hellistile
Wed, Sep-22-04, 13:25
I had to stop taking OoO because my cold symptoms were not getting better and I was having more difficulty breathing than usual and the OoO was not helping. I will wait until my cold symptoms disappear and start taking the OoO again. If I experience difficulty breathing (more than usual), I'll know it's the OoO.

2brickie
Wed, Oct-06-04, 10:20
Sorry I havent checked in for awhile I have been gone to horse shows and building a new home. I went off my OOO for two weeks and I have never been so sick in my life. I had constant headaches, felt yuck, wanted to sleep all day, what a mess I was, so I told myself never to do that again. I will be faithful to my OOO forever. Haha. I went back on it and within 3 days was feeling so much better. I have maintained my weight and feel better with it, so I guess I just have to take it.

eskimissy
Fri, Oct-08-04, 14:31
I read a bizillion pages from this thread over the past two days. Today I went out and bought some. I'm really hoping that it has a positive effect on me. Heck, I don't care if I get gassy because I'm in constipation city! :lol:

I'll report how it goes after a couple of days. thanks for this awesome thread!

skarecrow
Mon, Oct-11-04, 03:55
I never knew about the diet effect of oregano, but I stumbled across it while reading up on allergies, which I have REAL BAD. A close freind who has her doctorate in iridology mentioned oregano oil to me as an anti fungal, and beleiving via a general practioner that my root allergy was rye mold I tried it. Lo and behold within hours HOURS a long standing case of psoriasis on my hand cleared up completely. I mentioned it to my doctor who was quizical at best, so I stopped dosages of three drops sublingual, daily, and when I went back to see him three days later and noted to him the psoriasis had returned but would try again that same morning. I got my prescription for sinuitis, and 'dosed' with the oregano on the way out. I returned at 4:00 pm that day and showed him the clearing... he asked I return am the next day, other than a pinkish hue it was gone. I take it as I can afford it, it's pricey... but works within hours every time. Heh, just a mention, I no longer take allergy meds =) haven't beed 'down' in months =)

honeydust
Tue, Oct-12-04, 13:47
This is an amazing find. Yesterday I read this thread ...ran to walmart..got the oOo gelcaps (60 for 5.87...advertised as new product). I took one...within 15 minutes I had a huge headache...when headache started to feel better I took another, and then another before bedtime. They are 150 mg. This morning I still had the headache when I sat up, much like a flu headache but again I took another. Then I weighed...I was down 1.5 pounds. This is amazing because I have gained 17 pounds in the last 2 months while eating 500-750 calories a day. I done this because of a back injury and a steroid injection that I knew would pack on the pounds, and of course it did. I didnt do much of anything today, except watch tv and shower, but when I got out of the shower a few hours ago...I weighed again, and I am down a total of 2 pounds in 24 hours. I am thinking water retention, but I actually feel smaller around the middle..like someone has let the air out of me. Well atleast some of it:-D...I will keep you posted. Good Luck all!

honeydust
Tue, Oct-12-04, 14:54
I have noticed that people are talking about feeling warmer after taking the oOo. On the bottle I purchased, it says "if you experience a heat feeling after using, this is a normal reaction". Just thought I would mention that. Good Luck.

nyc10034
Sat, Oct-16-04, 06:56
After reading all 111 pages, I decided to post a thread. At first, I was skeptical, but willing to be optimistic. I am on the Atkins diet and have been successful until a week ago, which is when I stalled. I have been on induction since Sept. 2, 2004. I eat a typical morning breakfast(eggs, sausage or Myoplex Carb Sense shake.) I eat a typical lunch(hot dogs, salad, other meat,) and a typical dinner(meat, salad, maybe a shake.) Yes, I drink more than the 64 oz. required of water. I started taking the ooo from Natures Way on Wednesday(Oct. 12, 2004) with one pill for dinner. Then the following days I have been taking 1 pill with each meal, which would be 3 pills daily. The content of a pill is 50mg of ooo and 25mg of flaxeed. At first, I was REALLY bloated, my stomach was popping out and I had gas. I was bouncing around between 191 to 194 pounds before taking the ooo. I also agree that my stall was short, only 7-14 days. I was worried about the bloating. I do not like to see my stomach popping out becuase it has only happened once which was when I ruptured my spleen and had internal bleeding. Anyway, this morning I wake up and weigh 190. I am strictly on the induction phase, drink plenty of water and have not had a cheat day. I still feel a LITTLE bloated and have not had a bowel movement in 2 days. I can only report my experience with the ooo. Good luck to all and congratulations on the weight loss. I wonder if I have a whoosh, and all the bloating goes away, that maybe I will lose more weight? hmmmm (Yes, I am a man. I had to throw that in there since not many men are on this thread) :clap:

AFwife
Sat, Oct-16-04, 07:05
I have noticed that people are talking about feeling warmer after taking the oOo. On the bottle I purchased, it says "if you experience a heat feeling after using, this is a normal reaction". Just thought I would mention that. Good Luck.

I haven't noticed that!

But I guess it's normal just like the itching around the ears and jaw line. :lol:

AFwife
Sat, Oct-16-04, 07:07
After reading all 111 pages, I decided to post a thread. At first, I was skeptical, but willing to be optimistic. I am on the Atkins diet and have been successful until a week ago, which is when I stalled. I have been on induction since Sept. 2, 2004. I eat a typical morning breakfast(eggs, sausage or Myoplex Carb Sense shake.) I eat a typical lunch(hot dogs, salad, other meat,) and a typical dinner(meat, salad, maybe a shake.) Yes, I drink more than the 64 oz. required of water. I started taking the ooo from Natures Way on Wednesday(Oct. 12, 2004) with one pill for dinner. Then the following days I have been taking 1 pill with each meal, which would be 3 pills daily. The content of a pill is 50mg of ooo and 25mg of flaxeed. At first, I was REALLY bloated, my stomach was popping out and I had gas. I was bouncing around between 191 to 194 pounds before taking the ooo. I also agree that my stall was short, only 7-14 days. I was worried about the bloating. I do not like to see my stomach popping out becuase it has only happened once which was when I ruptured my spleen and had internal bleeding. Anyway, this morning I wake up and weigh 190. I am strictly on the induction phase, drink plenty of water and have not had a cheat day. I still feel a LITTLE bloated and have not had a bowel movement in 2 days. I can only report my experience with the ooo. Good luck to all and congratulations on the weight loss. I wonder if I have a whoosh, and all the bloating goes away, that maybe I will lose more weight? hmmmm (Yes, I am a man. I had to throw that in there since not many men are on this thread) :clap:

Welcome!

Nice to know you made your own decision on whether or not to try this product.

I find it useful for many things, one being dandruff.

Hope you experience a WHOOSH soon.

Take care.

Jazzylyn
Sat, Oct-23-04, 04:53
I went off the OOO for a couple weeks..I never felt so sluggish, foggy and generally yucky! I was so glad to get back on it and feeling alot better now. I find it also helps me get rid of excess water weight. I also have not had any trouble with allergies this year, which is a first for me in years. OOO has really helped with this! I will continue to take this supplement :)

janetkind
Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:56
Curves told your Mom about oil? I go to curves andwill ask about it today.
Can you get at walmart?? And should i take 1-3 pills a day. And when did you see break in stall and inchesand wt. loss.?

Nille
Tue, Nov-09-04, 11:51
I've been off OoO for two weeks now because of a herbal cleansing cure. I'm not at all sure about the effects of the cure, but I know I miss OoO.

Tomorrow I'm back in business. I've gained 1.8 lbs the last two weeks and I certain that OoO AND my new higher fat regime will help me lose once again !!

Wish me luck !! :cool:

janetkind
Tue, Nov-09-04, 12:11
I just started atking oil o. at 150mg. I take 2. Hope I can see results the end of this month. It would be nice to read how this works for others.

Nille
Tue, Nov-09-04, 12:37
I'm taking two drops of OoO in a spoon of water and gorge down 1/2 - 1 glass afterwards. Not to bad, not much taste. OoO has helped med before. Not to enormous weightloss, but beeing "metabolicly challenged" with hormones all over the place, I need all the help I can get !!

Will keep you posted on how it works this time !!

Herbal PlusŪ Standardized Oil of Oregano

Product No: 887228
Count: 30 milliliters

http://www.gnc.com/images/product/887228.jpg</IMG>

SweetV
Mon, Nov-15-04, 10:39
I finally went out and bought the Oil of Oregano. No noticeable effects yet except burping. Some of you guys had me prepared for pure hell!

2brickie
Tue, Dec-28-04, 10:17
Sweetv Im glad you havent had any bad effects, I never have had just good. I still take mine every day and if I skip I can really notice the difference in how I feel. Good luck and if I can help I will gladly. I have worked up to 3 capsules a day and take those with cheese or some food it takes care of the burping and the taste.

rodmick
Tue, Dec-28-04, 12:53
2brickie,
What brand/ type ore you using? I'm thinking of trying it again!

O2BME
Thu, Jan-06-05, 22:09
Took my first dose of OOO 150mg of Solaray. Hope to break a 2 month stall.

HLFAN
Sun, Jan-09-05, 18:29
:D I took my first OoO this morning after breakfast. No aftertaste or symptoms at all. The health food store where I bought it has a holistic pharmacy and is highly reputable. They said OoO has been used for many years for treatment of yeast infections. So, I figured to give it try. I have enough for 60 days.

Also bought fish oil which was recommended as being not fishy to take. It was great, has a lemon flavour. Made from herring oil. A little expensive but tested for all heavy metals and pcbs. etc. No repeat taste or anything, not like the salmon oil I took before. So to me that's worth the extra money.

So far so good. Will post if and when I see any affects, good or bad. :wave:

HLFAN
Tue, Jan-11-05, 18:36
Hi everyone, this is my new puppy, Berrie. She's growing fast so I will probably change the pic now and then. :wave:

bb6399
Wed, Jan-19-05, 14:24
Hi everyone, I bougth my OOO and took the first one on Monday the 17th, haven't seen any change yet! other that burps that taste like I ate a big huge bowl of fresk tomatoe sauce with of course lots of Oregano! and I could of sworn that at the gym the other day i could smell oregano, like I was sweating it out.??? hopefully this works I have had no weight loss that stayed off more than a day or so in over a year!!!

musicmama
Wed, Jan-19-05, 14:32
Yes, you will sweat it out at first, thats a normal reaction, and so is the burping. I have been taking it for about six monhts, and it is great for a lot of things. For one, I havent had a cold or sore throat all winter,,my skin is clearer and I have more energy.
Its great stuff!!!

cathy44
Wed, Jan-19-05, 16:48
Hi Everyone.. I've been reading this thread off and on for a couple of months now... I am going to buy OoO tonight and start taking it tomorrow... I am going to use the actual oil.. wish me luck.... I want weight loss from it!!

I will keep you all posted.. I notice from reading this thread that it works for some, but not others..

cathy

djcarbno
Wed, Jan-19-05, 21:12
Well I bought OoO for a different purpose and it worked great. I had a toenail fungus that I had been treating with a doctor for over a year with no results. Somewhere I read about OoO being used for this fungus, and I tried it.Within 3 months my toe cleared up! I used a couple of drops on my toe each day and the results are amazing - to think I wasted all that time and money going to the doctor!!

cathy44
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:24
Okay.. I started OoO this morning.. the oil.. 3 drops in water.. I hope I am doing this right.. no directions on bottle... and do I do 3 drops twice a day??

Anyway.. burping up oregano.. have a bad h/a and feeling just a little nauseous.. but not bad... hopefully this stuff is gonna work for me.. I'll keep ya all posted!!

cathy

AFwife
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:50
I take 2 drops in the a.m and 2 in the p.m...I've restarted mine yesterday. I keep getting on and off but it's pure laziness. :lol:

Keep us posted!

TVMichelle
Thu, Jan-20-05, 17:23
I managed to read through the first 30 (yes, 30) pages of this OOO thread and bought some Solaray (150mg in olive oil) yesterday at Vitamin World. Took my first capsule this AM - will let you know how it's going.

I really enjoy reading about the experiences of others - you all are a great source of motivation and inspiration. I need to get down a couple of pounds in a couple of days to get to a mini-goal (2.5 lbs a week, when possible), so we'll see if OOO makes a difference. I did notice I was a little hungrier at lunch today than usual... Hmn...

Michelle

sydneyalex
Fri, Jan-21-05, 10:19
Wow - took me a couple of days to read through these posts - I went and purchased some OoO and took my first dose this morning - 150 mg with olive oil - hope its the right kind - I am really looking forward to good results.

Thanks everyone for sharing this info!! :)

cathy44
Fri, Jan-21-05, 11:17
Hi all... an update on the OoO that I started yesterday:

no change in weight, but I think its already clearing up my sinus problem/allergies.... YAY!! will keep you all updated if I notice any more changes..

cathy

bb6399
Fri, Jan-21-05, 18:47
I think its already clearing up my sinus problem/allergies.... YAY!! will keep you all updated if I notice any more changes..

cathy

I to noticed that my sinus' were clearing up. I bought the same OoO that you did . please keep me updated on your progress.

AFwife
Sat, Jan-22-05, 00:58
That's great Cathy. You know what, I don't have allergies since taking OoO. I use to get them really bad every spring time, last spring, NOTHING! I was so excited.

I love this stuff.

Keep us posted!

sydneyalex
Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:08
I took the OoO on Friday and Saturday - gave me a terrible tummy ache all day long. I didnt take it yesterday and no tummy ache. I took one this morning - will see if the ache comes back.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Rhonda :cool:

Zuleikaa
Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:22
Tummy ache, bloat, headache, nauseau, fogginess, tiredness are all signs of yeast die off.

musicmama
Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:23
Thats common. The OoO is cleaning out your system,,,takes a few days....but its worth the discomfort. Its great stuff!

sydneyalex
Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:39
Wow - glad you guys told me that - the first day I took it I was hungrier than usual - thought that was odd - wonder how long it will take to "clean out the system" - I do feel pretty uncomfortable - but as long as you tell me its going to get better I will hang with it and continue. I need all the help I can get!

Zuleikaa
Mon, Jan-24-05, 08:05
Depending on infestation it can take from three days to a week.

sydneyalex
Mon, Jan-24-05, 08:14
And once my system is clean thats when I will start to feel better???

Sure hope so. Shouldnt have skipped yesterday but just wanted to be sure thats what was making my tummy hurt and sure enough it was!!!

slimmerme
Mon, Jan-24-05, 14:23
Great thread! I have taken OoO for candida and general health before so decided to try it after finding this thread. Started sat. evening with 3 drops, sun. had sinus drainage swiched to 3 drops in the morning 3 drops in afternoon. Today (mon.) ears have felt plugged and head kind of full. No weight change.
I will keep you posted.

Susan

sydneyalex
Mon, Jan-24-05, 14:34
Well my day is about to come to a close here at work - so far today - no tummy ache. Kinda tired though and bloated as well.

Will see how I feel tomorrow. Sure hope I start to have that burst of energy everyone talks about.

cathy44
Tue, Jan-25-05, 16:55
Hi guys.. an update on my progress.. today is the 5th day of taking OoO.. but 3 of the 5 days.. i forgot my afternoon doses.. so I kinda feel I am starting over today... and my sinus/allergy problem.. completely cleared up.. I'm sold on this stuff just for this purpose.. but... no weight loss, in fact I've gained 2 lbs.. but thats because of a slip I had yesterday.. I'll check back here next week and let you guys know of any other changes. Oh, also.. feeling very bloated today.. not sure why.. drinking lots and lots of water..

cathy

AFwife
Tue, Jan-25-05, 23:51
If all it did was clear my sinuses, which it does, I'd be sold on it too. :)

This stuff is great huh?

Keep us posted on the bloating.

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:23
Hi guys.. an update on my progress.. today is the 5th day of taking OoO.. but 3 of the 5 days.. i forgot my afternoon doses.. so I kinda feel I am starting over today... and my sinus/allergy problem.. completely cleared up.. I'm sold on this stuff just for this purpose.. but... no weight loss, in fact I've gained 2 lbs.. but thats because of a slip I had yesterday.. I'll check back here next week and let you guys know of any other changes. Oh, also.. feeling very bloated today.. not sure why.. drinking lots and lots of water..

cathy
Maybe from the gas???? I am having the same bloating and it goes down when I start passing gas! Yeast expands so the intestines expand too and of course the body reacts to that by retaining water to protect the area! I hear that eventually this all goes away! And, I only take one dose in the AM!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 09:34
Hello All,

Funny how some of you talk about having gas - I (fortunately) have not had that problem :p - however it has made me go to the bathroom every single day - and I used to only do that 2 or 3 times a week. I am very happy in that aspect.

Continuing on - day 5 for me too - weight loss is the same but I cheated some on Sunday, sure thats why.

Have a great day!!! :wave:

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 09:35
The gas hasn't been consistent! It comes and go at the most convenient of moments! :D

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 09:46
I am worried - I took one this morning about 5 when I got up and then about 830 (when I got to work) I took another one - forgetting about the first one I took. What a dummy I am. Hope it dont affect me too much, I guess some people take more than one a day but I took mine within a couple of hours of each other.. :help:

LCRobbie
Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:40
Is everyone using the liquid form or capsule/softgel?????

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:49
I am using the liquid phyto caps by GAIA Herbs

LCRobbie
Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:50
thanks for the info

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 11:01
I am worried - I took one this morning about 5 when I got up and then about 830 (when I got to work) I took another one - forgetting about the first one I took. What a dummy I am. Hope it dont affect me too much, I guess some people take more than one a day but I took mine within a couple of hours of each other.. :help:

Are you having any problems from double dosing?????

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 11:03
Not really any problems - just feel like I took some speed - I am at work and have been typing up a storm. Burping the garlic a little too - and my body is really warm. Otherwise I am ok.

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 11:19
Same here! I am sure glad to know that because I was kinda getting worried! My brain is moving so fast and clear! I love it and I have been getting stuff done with a furious pace but lacking the anger! My Mom and Aunts are already saying they are going to take my OoO away because I am too hyper! No way is all I can say to that!! I think the warmth is a normal effect! The feeling of being on speed is also something I have read happens! Now for the warning! Later on you are going to hit the wall and you had better be near a bed when you do! You will suddenly be completely mentally and physically exhausted! I couldn't even climb the stairs last night and so stumbled to the couch with makeup on and teeth not brushed and begged for my quilt! What is insane is that I woke up about 5 hours later completely alert and there was no way to go back to sleep if I tried! So, I spent an hour sending my cousin so much email (catching up on sending her pics) that I finally filled up her mailbox and it wouldn't accept anymore and she has a cable modem account and it takes a bit to fill those! I wonder if she has seen that yet because her friends will be getting their emails back as undeliverable! Oh well! And drink more water than you normally do as well as something with sodium...that seemed to help last night!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 11:43
Thanks for the info - you know I woke up about 430 this morning and no matter how hard I tried couldnt go back to sleep. Maybe the OoO is why.

I enjoy talking with you - I am going to post in your journal - I looked at it earlier - you have really dropped some weight - How long did it take you?
WTG....

Your right about the speed feeling - amazing an herb can do that to you.
My capsules are 150 mg each - are yours more than that?

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 11:58
460 mg if I read the label correctly! I think it is a bit too strong so I am considering going to every other day! I'l going to keep taking it everyday for a bit though! I am taking GAIA!! Here is the label info!

GAIA Herbs
Liquid Phyto-Caps
Oil of Oregano
Supercritical CO 2
Extract of Oregano
100% Vegetarian
60 Liquid-Filled Capsules

The amount on the back says "amount per 2 capsules" so I am actually getting 130 mg! That's good to know! I lost the first chunk of my weight the hard way and the last 39 pounds low carbing since August 20, 2004! I was gaining again and feel low carbing is what has kept me from getting back up high! I had lost 135 pounds several years ago on diet pills (doctor monitored) and within the year of going off of them I gained 100 back! I never learned how to eat so how on earth could I maintain without those pills! So, now I know how to eat to maintain and to lose following the low carb way! I have 39 more pounds to goal and I know I will make it! I took the diet pills in 1999-2000! I had topped out in 1998 at 302! It took a long time to gain it and I am sure it'll take a bit of time to lose it permanently! Hey, I am looking forward to your posting in my Journal!

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:05
Ok...edit those numbers! It is 460mg for two and since I am only taking one a day I am getting 230 mg's! Yikkes!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:09
That sounds kinda high dont it....

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:10
As long as I don't have any adverse affects it should be fine and I am taking half the amount the bottle recommends! If I feel it is too much then I can take it every other day!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:13
I dont think I will double-dose again - I feel ok - just that diet pills feeling....not crazy about that.

But I am glad I found this thread and started the OoO, although the first couple of days were really tough - those die off pains in the tummy were not fun!

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:25
No they are not! And, my son just informed me that I am talking way too fast and too hyper and maybe I should take them every other day and I do think that is what I will do!!!!!!! Can you imagine if I were taking the two recommended???? Crazy!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:31
Yeah thats probably what you should do. I wish I had only taken my one today - it says on the bottle to take 3 a day - there is no way I could do that either.

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:33
Could you imagine how hyper we would be if we took that much!? Whew! Mine basically says to take 460 mg a day...NO WAY! Hey, are you craving salt????

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:37
We would never go to sleep for sure. I am not crazy about being hyper, makes me short-tempered and thats not good!

No I have not noticed any salt cravings. Hope I dont.

Maybe instead of taking every other day you could find one thats a lower dose???

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:50
I paid for this bottle and so will finish it! I am a tried and true tightwad!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:59
Oh I totally understand - I am a single mom so I HAVE to be that way...no choice in the matter.

bb6399
Wed, Jan-26-05, 13:14
Hi has anyone who has tried the OoO had the heart palpatations? If they have have you stopped the OoO and tried restarting them? or tried a smaller dose?

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 13:18
Yes I have definately notice the palpitations - they are not bad enough for me to stop taking it though.

musicmama
Wed, Jan-26-05, 14:00
I take the gelcaps, and start my day with two in the morning,,,never bothers me. I feel great, havent had a cold or sore throat all winter either!!

sydneyalex
Wed, Jan-26-05, 14:03
I didnt mean to take two this morning and felt "jittery" for a while but feel pretty good now.

Does it ever keep you awake?

Flutterby
Wed, Jan-26-05, 23:28
Well, after reading through the pages of this thread on OoO, I decided to purchase some and give them a wirl! I will start taking them tommorrow. I found the gelcaps (150mg of OoO) at my local health food store for about $9.00. We'll see how they do!!

AFwife
Wed, Jan-26-05, 23:45
Well I had Chinese beef and broccoli last night. Now this stuff is packed with sodium. So, I put OoO to the test last night and today I'm not up in weight. I'm convinced that OoO is what keeps me from retaining water. :)

Just thought I'd share.

sydneyalex
Thu, Jan-27-05, 07:12
Good news - I am down 2 pounds today - its my 6th day on OoO......I think its great!!
:agree:

Daisy-Duke
Thu, Jan-27-05, 07:21
Hey Ladies, I have seen a lot of you in the other threads and journals. I am going to read more pages of this later this morning and see if it something I might want to use :q: Seems like it can help give you energy :q: Maybe it would be a good thing for a pre-workout jump :q:

How many of you take liquid vs a pill?

:p See ya and have a happy LC day :p

:wave: :daizy: Daisy :daizy: :wave:

sydneyalex
Thu, Jan-27-05, 07:23
Hi Daisy-Duke,

I take a pill (looks like a vitamin e pill) its 150 mg. Dont think I could handle the liquid!

Daisy-Duke
Thu, Jan-27-05, 07:37
:lol: I was thinking the same thing :lol: Thanks for the info :D Daisy :wave:

gottolose
Thu, Jan-27-05, 19:40
Well, I started taking OoO today. I bought the soloray 150 mg soft gels. I can't wait to see if I see any benefits from this. :-) Have a great night everyone :-)

MissScruff
Thu, Jan-27-05, 21:54
Hello...I haven't been here because I woke up with a migraine! It's been just terrible and the nasal drainage...yuck, but I am not shocked it hit since that is what I have been reading about die off symptoms! I figured I get a headache, but a migraine! Does that mean my yeast buildup was really really bad? And I ache all over, but if I have to go through this to kill the yeast buildup then so be it because I loved the energy I had up until I woke up this morning! :D I didn't take a dose today because I feel the dosage is too high and so will take it every other day as I read some do! If I were taking Nature's Way then I can see every day! I have also noticed a decrease in appetite which hit prior to the migraine! I won't know a thing weight wise until April 11th and will not be tempted to sway from that goal...I feel it takes the stress of the scale out of my life and if I go up or down even a pound I won't be devestated and allow that to decide whether I stick to my eating plan. Today's eating plan stinks since I was so naucious! Still am and I don't think I spelled that correctly! Anyhow, I have hardly eaten a thing and have no desire to...even though my husband bought me a low carb ice cream made of splenda and whey protein! I might throw some in the food processor with a few strawberries and see if I can actually taste that!

sydneyalex
Fri, Jan-28-05, 08:02
I am sorry Miss Scruffy - I suffer with Migraines alot too but so far the OoO hasnt contributed to one - will keep my fingers crossed that it dont.

Sure hope you start to feel better!

HerbNurse
Fri, Jan-28-05, 10:51
I too started taking OoO. I bought some yesterday in liquid form due to the fact that it is in it's purest form. I am not taking it for any other reason except to boost my immune system.

I have finally gotten completely over the flu after being sick for three weeks. Having worked in the vitamin/herb industry for many years I know the benefits of OoO but never had a need to take it until this year. This is the first year that I have been sick not once but twice. Before that I would get sick probably once every 10-12 years.

I believe I got run down and even though I eat healthy and take a butt load of natural supplements my sleeping hasn't been the best because of menopause symptoms. I would sleep probably only a good solid four hours and then doze off until it was time to get up at 6AM.

I have had no side effects (other then a little burping) from OoO. I have no die off effects and I attribute this to having been taking Primal Defense (a probiotic that contains homeostatic soil organisms) for over a year. I have gotten rid of toxins a long time ago.

My initial dose (2 drops) was at 12:30 PM yesterday when I had lunch with my daughter. I took 3 drops again at 5:30 PM. I was very energetic. I cleaned house......did laundry...made dinner and then talked DH's ear off all night. I slept like a baby and this morning I feel fantastic. I was even singing in the shower this morning.

I have just taken my first dose for the day. I took 2 drops with my lunch. (have to have food to kill the taste). I get off work at 6PM and I will take another two drops with dinner. My hope is that it will boost my immune system, give me more energy, help with menopausal symptoms and if I lose weight that will be a bonus.

One thing I have noticed is that before OoO whether it be because of the flu or weather but I would be cold all the time. (not like me) Since yesterday I have been pleasantly warm and I even walked my dog this morning in 7 degree temps and I was comfortable.

HN

sydneyalex
Fri, Jan-28-05, 10:55
I have noticed that I have been sleeping better too but wake up pretty early in the AM and cant really go back to sleep. Been on the pills for a week now...had pretty severe die off symptoms but feel better now. Also I am more alert and warm...... :cool:

AFwife
Fri, Jan-28-05, 11:24
Ok well this weekend I'm gonna be endulging in a few Piņa Colada's and Margarita's.

I'll be putting OoO to the test. Let's see if it will keep me from getting bloated on this one. :lol:

It has so far for sodium here's to hoping it will with alcohol. :)

Si Belle
Fri, Jan-28-05, 12:52
From the few posts I read here, OoO really sounds like it works!
I found it in drops form. Can you tell me if it's the same thing?

https://www.feelbest.com/shop/product_display.cfm?itemID=63582400001

Thank you!
Renee

HerbNurse
Mon, Jan-31-05, 06:36
I have been taking OoO for 5 days and want to report that no symptoms (except burps) have occured with OoO. I feel great, my congestion from cold and flu is all but gone. I am getting my energy level back and feel wonderful. Bowels are normal now which they weren't due to flu.

I take 3 drops in morning with breakfast and three drops in evening with dinner. I have not had a problem with it keeping me awake like some others. I have not been on the scale and unless my pants begin to get baggy I won't weigh.

HN

AFwife
Mon, Jan-31-05, 06:45
Well, my experiment didn't even take place. :lol: I got a bit too drunk and forgot to take my OoO!

I am up in weight due to the drinking. I'll try to take it next time before I start drinking. :lol:

Cheers!

cathy44
Mon, Jan-31-05, 11:38
Hi --- well, I quit the OoO and almost immediately started losing weight again... guess the stuff is not for me afterall.. at least for weight loss... my sinuses--- still better.. so maybe not the OoO that cleared them up=?? not sure.. oh well....cathy

sydneyalex
Mon, Jan-31-05, 12:52
Wow - a negative input - makes you wonder what works for some just dont do it for others - I have been staying the same so I am not sure about it.

Si Belle
Mon, Jan-31-05, 12:58
Whoa, that stuff is strong! I used the drop to drop a few drops under my tongue. It says 1 or more but I think I dropped at least 4. Everything was fine, pleasant taste, sensation and all until all of a sudden BURN!!! I felt like my whole tongue was on fire! But I drank water and it stopped immediately. I'll have to be more careful next time :-)
The aftertaste is wonderful though!

We'll see how this works!
Renee

HerbNurse
Wed, Feb-02-05, 07:38
No reports of any weight loss but my irritable and inflamed bowel problem from the flu is gone and my digestion is normal. YIPPEEEE!!!

I do feel much better and more energetic and that is a plus for me.

HN

Pansy
Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:18
I started taking the OOO six days a go, I have been stalled for some time now and really hope it works. I have had few of the die off symptoms many speak of and have actually gained weight. But have had a yeast problem since 1996. i am from Canada so the brands you speak of on this thread are not available to me I use "Now Brand"
Oregano Oil (organum vulgare) Enteric Coated softgels
The ingredients are:
Oregano oil 0.2 ml/181.0 mg (origanum vulgare) (min. 55% Carvacrol)
Ginger oil (Zingiber officinale) 0.02 ml/17.6 mg
Fennel oil (Foeniculum vulgare) 0.02ml/19.3mg
Contains no sugar, salt, starch, yeast, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, or preservative.
Can someone tell me if this brand sounds okay?

Si Belle
Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:36
Hi Pansy,
I'm in Ottawa and I use the Oreganol. You can buy it online at:
https://www.feelbest.com/shop/product_display.cfm?itemID=63582400001

Free shipping!
I hope this helps.
Renee

Pansy
Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:39
Si Belle,
Thank You I'll look into that maybe its cheaper then what I am paying. Mine cost me $22.00.

bb6399
Tue, Feb-08-05, 13:58
I started my OOO again my plan is to take it every other day! I spent so much on the two bottles I bought I hate to not try them again if the Heart palpatations start again I wilol not continue to use it but hopefully starting slowly will help, I might try puncturing the capsule and doing just a drop or two everyday rather thatn the whole 150mg

AFwife
Tue, Feb-08-05, 14:02
Well OoO has helped bring the majority of my voice back after sounding like a frog for nearly 2 weeks. Just took it a bit ago and there is a big improvement. I hacked something nasty up after taking it so it must have done the trick. WOO HOO!

Amanda28
Sat, Feb-12-05, 10:15
I started taking this stuff on Wed. It's hard to say if it has made me lose or not, yet I think it has. I had a cheat on Tues night and was back up to 232.5 and now I'm 228! I know I've been feeling awful since I started taking it though, just real tired. I'm hoping I'll snap out of that soon though. I also hope this thread keeps going!

Amanda

HerbNurse
Sat, Feb-12-05, 19:07
I think the OoO is helping me lose that last 10 lbs. I have lost a couple of pounds since taking it. Not sure if it is because I am just eating more salad and fill up with that or what it is.

I can tell you though that I have much more energy then before taking it. Both of my daughters are taking it also to boost their immune system and they seem to have more energy too.

HN

HerbNurse
Thu, Feb-17-05, 20:35
Guess no one else feels that OoO is helping to break the stall.

I am sure it has for me now as my weight has stayed down and continues to fall slowly .

HN

rodmick
Thu, Feb-17-05, 21:49
I'm not going to say its helped me lose. However I get less bloated during pms while taking it! Plus I haven't been sick all winter!

sydneyalex
Fri, Feb-18-05, 07:23
I am not so sure on the weight loss but I have not been sick with the flu as everyone around me has - also helps with the bloat.

I definately think its a good thing.

jenlynn123
Sat, Feb-19-05, 08:20
I am finally losing weight....don't know if it's the OoO or not. I'm also taking Chromium P. I'm exercising a lot and drinking lots of water. I am also eating more fish and not eating as much cheese. I guess you finally learn what works best for your body. I was really starting to get discouraged, but losing 2 lbs this morning has given me new hope that I can do this. ;)

Tigs_aunt
Sat, Feb-19-05, 17:17
I read this thread months ago, but decided OoO was too expensive for me at the time. So bookmarked it to come back and finish reading it later.

Today at Wal-Mart they had 90 ct 150 mg bottles for $2.50 instead of $10 (and I think that was reduced). So I bought 2. If any of the 3 bottles are left next time will get them too.

I will start taking them tomorrow along with my GTF Chromium and a few other things.

Also going to start getting back to LC.

Hopefully OoO will help with my chronic infections if nothing else.

rodmick
Sun, Feb-20-05, 10:38
I had to work with a coworker with the flu thur and fri. Yesterday I started getting sore throat, sore neck and headache. I doubled up the oregANO AND FEEL GREAT TODAY!!!

sydneyalex
Tue, Feb-22-05, 07:51
I have been taking my OoO for a month now - everyone around me has had the flu but somehow I have managed to NOT get it. I think its the OoO - I always catch everything that is going around but not now.

FabByFifty
Tue, Feb-22-05, 12:14
I bought some Oil of Oregano today at Walgreens for 11.99. :cool: They are 150mg. of nothing but the oil of oregano in small gel caps (Natures Bounty) brand. 60ct.
I read this thread and the others there are some great feedback :) about the product and some pretty bad ones as far as side effects and benefits. Like a couple of people said it works for some and not for others. I hope I am one that it works for. I will post back in a couple of days on how it worked for me :D
Brenda.

FabByFifty
Wed, Feb-23-05, 14:44
:help: Oh My God! I have the worst indigestion! When I burp, its like I emtied the full oregano spice jar in my mouth! Is it sappose to do this? Will it subside?
Thanks
Brenda