PDA

View Full Version : Kimmerz321-Tequila chicken recipe

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Engine9
Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:14
Saw on one of your posts that you have tequila chicken frequently, would you mind sharing the recipe. Also anyone else out there with great chicken recipes please post, I would love some variations for phase one of SB. Thanks

WeeOne
Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:15
I don't have the tequila chicken recipe but here's one I made last night. I made it for two, so you could make more if you want for leftovers. I didnt eat any but DH love it!

2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Hunts Spaghetti sauce. I found one that has 5 net carbs in it. It's not a new LC product I just checked labels until I found one with the least sugar and carbs.
1/2 cup shredded motz.

Cook chicken breasts at about 375 until cooked all the way through. Season as you would like.

When it's done put 1/4 cup of motz. on each breast and cover, turn oven off and put it back in the oven until the cheese melts.

Heat sauce in microwave until heated. Put each breast on a plate and pour 1/4 cup of sauce on each one.

This is super easy and quick.

Wee

Kimmerz321
Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:22
But of course!

I got the recipe from Food TV. I don't make the garnish, I use garlic salt instead of the kosher salt + granulated garlic, and I use pepper jack cheese instead of what they recommend. But it's yummy :)

Ingredients
Marinade:
2 tablespoons canola or olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 dashes cayenne pepper (less than 1/8 teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 pound (2 large half breasts) boneless skinless chicken breast; sliced
completely in half making 4 pieces
1-ounce tequila
4 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese

Optional garnish (2 tablespoons each serving):
1 small red onion, diced (use remainder of onion for marinade)
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 whole green onion, chopped
1 curly "Mexican" pepper or cubano, diced
1 sprig fresh cilantro leaves
Salsa picante
Sour cream, in a squeeze bottle
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
1 lemon and lime, cut in thin wedges

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a bowl, place 2 tablespoons canola oil, all marinade ingredients, and chicken, and mix thoroughly.

In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high to high heat. Place the coated chicken breasts in the hot pan and sear on one side until golden brown for about 1 minute. Turn and sear the other side for a few seconds more, and sizzle with the tequila.

Transfer seared chicken breasts to a lightly greased sheet pan and bake in oven for about 10 minutes until fully cooked.

Remove chicken from oven and top with the shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for just a minute to melt the cheese and remove. Serve and enjoy!

Make it Supreme!
Before serving, top with sour cream, salsa picante, and other vegetables for garnish.

Engine9
Fri, Feb-20-04, 08:10
Thanks, it sounds great can't wait to try it.