PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry cream cheese rollups

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leshaimors
Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:28
I have a serious sweet tooth and this always calms my cravings. We make it for breakfast, snacks, and dessert. It consists of a pancake like outer and a cream cheese filling inside. Very simple to make!

blueberry pancake:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup mashed blueberries

cream cheese filling:
4 oz. warmed cream cheese
2 T splenda

to make the pancake mix all ingredients together. heat a nonstick skillet to low-med heat. pour about half a ladle of batter onto skillet (will make about a 4-5 inch pancake). flip gently when top no longer looks wet. cook second side only a minute or two.

add the splenda to the warmed cream cheese to make the filling.

spread filling over pancake and roll gently (if you try to roll too tightly it will crack).

***to make lighter pancakes you can mix together all ingredients except egg whites, beat the egg whites til stiff, then fold in rest of pancake mixture.

Hope y'all enjoy these as much as we do!

LeShai

TeresaV
Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:32
Sounds delicious! I also love the mock danish. Have you tried that?

leshaimors
Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:33
yes, i finally perfected the way i like it this morning!

Leshai

leshaimors
Thu, Feb-12-04, 10:34
by the way, how is the somersizing plan going for you? have you modified it any?

TeresaV
Thu, Feb-12-04, 15:10
Yes, sometimes I find I am doing Atkins without realizing it. It seems more natural I guess since that is what I did before. It seems to be working okay. Some days I ss and some days I do Atkins. How long have you been doing ss?

leshaimors
Thu, Feb-12-04, 15:55
started back in october, started out doing really well, then came the holidays! i fell off the wagon major! but i decided that after the first of the year i would go at it again, it's been harder this time to stick to it, so i'm kinda on and off with it. i've been doing very good since i found this site with all the great snack and meal ideas. so i guess i'll say that i'm back on the wagon for now!

Happy Valentine's
LeShai

lilgizmo
Fri, Feb-13-04, 16:01
LeShai...
I have an awful sweet tooth, too! Here is yet another take on your recipe.
I found some no sugar added cherry pie filling. (couldn't find no sugar blueberry :tears: grrrr...) How "bout making the sweet pancakes without blueberries and add no cinnamon. When they are finished, add the cream cheese and splenda filling like in your blueberry rollups, but put in a lil' bit-o cherry pie filling. (1/3c has 8g of carb) I think you could get away with using less than 1/3c. Top with a dab-o whipped cream. mmmm...
Sounds yummy to me :sunny:
Have a great evening!
~*Kelly*~
:wiggle:

leshaimors
Mon, Feb-16-04, 11:56
sounds like a great idea you've got there! i'm not too much on cherry flavored things, but i will try it this way with blueberry, or maybe even strwberry or blackberry.

LeShai