PDA

View Full Version : which one is better

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Engine9
Wed, Feb-11-04, 13:41
Just an open question... which diet seems to be working better and why. Atkins or South beach, I am trying to figure out what will work best for me and would love some advice. Thanks

Little Bit
Wed, Feb-11-04, 15:44
I have done both, and I felt sick on atkins. Really gross sick. I am starting to feel that way now and I am on day 4 of SBD, so I may move into phase 2 earlier. I find with Atkins there is a higher fat content and with SBD it can be lower. As well with SBD you are allowed more good carbs in phase 2.

I think it is a personal choice, some people do really well on Atkins and some don't. I personally do really well on a high protien lower carb diet.

Indigo_
Wed, Feb-11-04, 17:27
Everybody is different. My friend lives an Atkins lifestyle and stays slim. I personally can't consume that much bacon.

For me, Atkins was too much fat. I *liked* snacking on cream cheese and salami, but a little voice in my head kept saying, "this can't be good for you..." (despite the claims that it is fine) and I didn't lose much weight.

I like South Beach because it just *feels* healthier.