PDA

View Full Version : Constipation????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mrs Fitzy
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:17
Sorry to be crude but someone please help me!!!! Day 3 and I haven't gone in days!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!! Any ideas?

minus30
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:28
Mrs Fitzy--i feel for you!!! Thats exactly what happened to me on the Atkins--its miserable.
I have found on this SB I have to make an effort to eat alot of lettuce!! It really cleans you out and its natural--also i have even used metimucel and it really helps if you try to use it about 15 minutes befor eyou eat. In the book he states it a good way to make sure your glycemic levels stay in check--so give it a try
good luck

Little Bit
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:34
I found the same thing, but day 4 was the key ;)

doreen T
Wed, Feb-11-04, 16:14
hi there,

If you click on Low Carb Tips from the orange menu bar near the top, you'll see the article Low Carbing and Intestinal Health which is full of suggestions and advice to help with not only The Big C, but also The Big D. ;)

Doreen

steph32092
Wed, Feb-11-04, 20:31
I agree, day 4 was much better in that aspect of things... Just keep drinking your water.

Dr.Ray
Wed, Feb-11-04, 23:21
citrucel is a bit better in the way of intestinal distress ...
the active ingredient, Methylcellulose, is nonallegenic

so you dont get that crampy, gassy, honey go sleep in the GARAGE reaction that metamucil (psyllium) can give

senokot works well too

Me, Im eating bowls of low gly fiber laden foods, thank god for Beano!

The garage is drafty, and mice like to nest in chest hair!

:D

WeeOne
Thu, Feb-12-04, 13:32
Dr. Ray you crack me up!

I tried Psyllium husks a few weeks ago. My stomach bloated out so bad that I couldn't sleep because my tummy was so crampy. It took 4 days for it to work, I will never do that again!

Wee

Klodo2
Fri, Feb-13-04, 06:34
I use psyllium husks now and then, but no more than a couple of teaspoonfuls a day. Otherwise I get the nasty side-effects described above.

Janette360
Wed, Feb-18-04, 11:54
what worked for me is...sounds strange but mushrooms. Nothing else worked or i can stay away from too much cheese.

Anitaspank
Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:13
I take metamucil 20 minutes before my main meals.This is recommended in book.
I also buy bulk flax seed and you can pit it in salads ,yogurt or just eat it plain,it is very yummy.
Hope this helps :)