PDA

View Full Version : new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

minus30
Thu, Feb-05-04, 22:13
Just wanted to introduce myself and say HI. I started the SB diet last monday and had alot of success the first week---then of course the weekend came and I CHEATED!!! needless to say I have cheated a little almost everyday and need help to completely start over again!!! Well just wanted to say hi and share my story....
bye

Bill L
Fri, Feb-06-04, 08:02
Welcome to the BEACH!

It's a great place to hang out. Honestly, there aren't very many of us here on the SBD forum, so I spend some of my time over at the Atkins forum, where there are (seems like) hundreds of active posters.

So keep posting and minimize those CHEATS!!! ;)

minus30
Fri, Feb-06-04, 11:37
hey bill---are you doing the south beach exclusively??are you also excersicing??and are you ever hungry??

dancngqwn
Fri, Feb-06-04, 11:55
Welcome to SB! I hit some cheats the first weekend of phase 1 as well :/ But I have been trying my damnest to stay cheat free and it is working :D

minus30
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:24
what do you mean its working??are you losing the weight fast or just not hungry?...etc..hey are you also working out?

miezimau
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:24
Welcome to the Beach. I just stared this Monday and I have already lost 5 lbs.

I also just joined in the 100 Cheat free days Challange to keep me on track :)

minus30
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:26
miezimau--what the 100 cheat free days challenge?

miezimau
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:30
miezimau--what the 100 cheat free days challenge?
minus 30, the 100 cheatfree day challenge.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155768

here you can outline what you would consider a cheat and all we are trying to do is stay without a cheat for 100 days. Plenty support to help you keep cheat free :)

dancngqwn
Fri, Feb-06-04, 12:35
I have still continued to lose weight and inches. I work out at least 4-5 times a week, cardio about an hour a day. I have not lost TONS of weight, I have lost about 15 pounds in a month, but all my clothes are feeling lose. Even my bra and underwear.

I try to eat 3 full meals and snack in between, and when I feel hungry, I drink water.. I am not hungry throughout the day.. I eat breakfast, snack inbetween, lunch, afternoon snack then dinner before 7..

Bill L
Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:21
hey bill---are you doing the south beach exclusively??are you also excersicing??and are you ever hungry??

I'm doing SBD, but if I'm stalled at a weight for more than 7 days, I limit my carb intake to 15-20 per day. That jump-starts my system. The 20 carb per day philosophy comes from Atkins. But I'm definitely an SBD guy!

I excersize 5 times per week. (but I was doing that even before I started SBD)

The first 5 days I was extremely hungry. Now, that's not true anymore. I eat the standard 3 meals, 3 snacks per day. Occaisionally, on the weekends, I'll have a midnight snack! (but it's always low carb).

Haven't cheated in 89 days.

Bill..............310/266/225...day 89. (It helps that my wife, Pam, is my accountability partner!)