PDA

View Full Version : SBD meal plans

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Petey
Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:33
are the SBD meal plans meant to be followed by the book?
I dont eat seafood for one thing and I certainly dont have time to gather all of these ingredients for daily cooking.
I am in phase 2 and am eating whats on the list of foods to eat but not using the meal plans. I lost 6 pounds in 5 days doing this. could i have lost more by following the meal plans or is it ok to do this the way i am now?

tashinpa
Thu, Feb-05-04, 07:46
Petey -- I know what you mean regarding the time factor..... though I personally LOVE seafood, preparing the meals during phase one took up, it seemed, most of my day ;-)

I am in phase 2 now and basically doing what you're doing: just going by what foods to eat and which foods to avoid. I haven't lost a lot , even in the first phase, but at least I'm not gaining.....

Indigo_
Sun, Feb-08-04, 14:59
Petey~

Somewhere in the book Dr. A suggests that we have complete freedom to mix up the meals however we see fit. I took that to mean as long as one eats the foods on the "Foods to Enjoy" list, and does NOT eat the foods on the "Foods to Avoid" list, then they are following the plan.

On another page (somewhere) Dr. A. states that if you don't like eggplant, then use a vegetable that you DO like.

IMO, you can make up your own meal plans, just like you are doing.