PDA

View Full Version : pls. tell me what I'm doing wrong.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tashinpa
Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:44
For your information, I have included a typical day for me:

breakfast: Atkins cereal Morning Glory (or Morning Start or whatever, the one w/almonds) and 1/2 a cup of blueberries, 1%milk (I saw the carb count is the same for fat free and 2%, so split the difference haha)

(I am in phase 2 now, which allows for something other than eggs in the morning, which is nice, but some days I'll even have some scrambled because I feel like it)

midmorning snack
low carb yogurt by dannon - tastes a bit funny, but it's edible
or an apple

lunch
usually salad with chicken or half an avocado with shrimp salad
or leftovers from dinner (meat/veggies)

afternoon snack
low fat mozzarella cheese-stick & sometimes an apple
or veggies and hummus or some sour cream dip

dinner
any variety of lean beef, chicken breast or thighs, or any kind of fish and shellfish
salad (lots of it)
and some side veggies, like string beans or snowpeas

dessert
to be honest, I have been trying to not snack after dinner anymore. that's the toughest part, but I don't want it to be a habit anymore. so sometimes I have some cantaloupe, or, when I really want to treat myself - once a week or so - Atkins Endulgence ice cream or one of those Russel Stover chocolates...

I try to drink lots of water, too. I do drink diet soda in the evening, but not insane amounts. I have not been working out a lot lately. I try to play squash at least once a week, and other than that I am waiting for the snow to melt....

So there you have it. Let me know if you find something that could be in the way of my losing MORE THAN ONE LB.!!!!

thanks again in advance

dancngqwn
Wed, Feb-04-04, 11:22
Hello :)

I remember reading this before I left work yesterday, but I think some of the content has changed?? Either that or I am confused LOL. :lol:

Have you lost any inches at all? Remember, your loss may reflect in inches, not necessarily on the scale.

What I would do..I would drop back to a strict phase 1 until I saw the results that I wanted to see and then move on to Phase 2. I know they don't recommend you stay in Phase 1 for more than 3-4 weeks, but I consider myself in Phase 1.5 :p . I have not reached the weight that I am happy at to start incorporating the other carbs into my diet. I would like to lose about 10 more pounds before I move up to Phase 2. I have incorporated more foods, but I am still holding out on the cereals, fruit, breads, pastas, and things of that sort..

Also, I don't eat after 7..That is something I feel has helped immensely. I also work out for at least an 60-90 minutes (in home or jogging) 4-5 times a week. That may help..You may just need to kick start the loss again..

Good Luck! I hope you see results soon!

tashinpa
Wed, Feb-04-04, 11:52
thank you. yes, I changed the post and had pasted it, because noone looked at my menu for a day anymore, and I was curious about replies.... or any reply for that matter.

I might go back to phase 1, though I don't know if I'll be able to have eggs for breakfast for two weeks again.

Also, it's not like I lost anything in my second week during phase 1. And the only thing I have reintroduced so far are the Atkins cereal and some fruit.... I don't feel like I am going apesh*t with the carbs right now.... sigh.

Yeah, working out always helps :-) I'll try to get more squash in!

dancngqwn
Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:06
Tell me about it..I am so egg'ed out..For my second week of Phase 1 I thought I would 'try' and sneak some Special K with Skim milk in there for variety.. Didn't gain any..But didn't lose any either.. :/

I find that turkey bacon is really good..

Kimmerz321
Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:10
In my experience, the best phase II cereal is All-Bran. It's also the only cereal listed as "good" in the SB manual. You might try adding a packet of splenda or some fruit to sweeten it up. Alot of the Atkins brand stuff is higher in fat than you're supposed to have on SB. And you should always have skim or 1% milk.

Is the shrimp salad made with fat free mayo? And whats in the sour cream dip? What kind of dressing do you put on your salads? You mention in apple in both your morning and afternoon snack - are you having 2 a day then?

A couple of suggestions:
You might try cutting out one of your fruit servings, either the breakfast or midmorning one. Ive found that if I eat more than one serving of food with a higher GL in a short period of time, it stalls me out.

You might cut back on fatty salad dressing, if you're using a lot of that. Same with the sour cream and mayo. Sometimes eating too much fatty stuff can stall you out as well.

Good luck! Let us know how you break your stall. :)

ausNicole
Thu, Feb-05-04, 15:15
Tell me about it! I am on day 5 of phase 1. I know I shouldnt have, but I weighed myself daily. I was overjoyed to see my weight creeping down every day, but yesterday it went up again and today I am back where I started!! I guess it was only water after all...

So where is the miracle weight loss promised by Dr Agataston? The only thing that I thought might be affecting it is the Glucosamine I take for my bad knees (26 g carbs per daily dose), but my flatmate who is doing the diet with me has had the same thing happen.

Excuse me for venting, but where is the reward for giving up many favourite things, the headaches, the fatigue, the twice-nightly awakenings to visit the bathroom, the hours spent in meal preparation and planning?? I am beginning to think maybe its a bit of a crock...?

Zuleikaa
Thu, Feb-05-04, 19:10
Some people have found the SoBe isn't low carb enough for them to lose weight and that reintroducing the fruits causes cravings.