PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miezimau
Tue, Feb-03-04, 20:59
.... what brands of Wheat Bread are you eating?
What should I look for when I go to the Store and what other breads are we allowed to eat?

...... who carries Whole Wheat Pasta?

I do not have too many options here on Oahu, Hawaii So any help would be appreciated.

pstar
Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:46
I think 'Oroweat Carb Counting' is really good. Just 6 grams net per slice. Tried others and they ended up in the trash.

artsiem
Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:13
Hi Miezimau
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your diet and also your race coming up! I started on South Beach and have only lost a few pounds, but I am being patient!
Congrats so far!

miezimau
Wed, Feb-04-04, 10:34
I think 'Oroweat Carb Counting' is really good. Just 6 grams net per slice. Tried others and they ended up in the trash.Thanks Pstar. By the way how is the weather in CO? I used to live up in CO-Springs for 3 years before coming to Hawaii. Beautiful place and I wish I was there right now :(

miezimau
Wed, Feb-04-04, 10:38
Hi Miezimau
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your diet and also your race coming up! I started on South Beach and have only lost a few pounds, but I am being patient!
Congrats so far!thanks artsiem,
I am only on day 3 on the South beach, but I am liking it already better than the Atkins. As for the Race, I am trying my hardest. We have 4 hours to complete 8.15 miles and I am hoping to get it done in 2 1/2 hours.

pstar
Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:35
Hey Miezimau,

If you were here today you might not miss good ole' Colorado all that much. It's been snowing since last night and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow. I love winter and snow, but by February I'm ready to be done with it.

miezimau
Wed, Feb-04-04, 17:26
Hey Miezimau,

If you were here today you might not miss good ole' Colorado all that much. It's been snowing since last night and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow. I love winter and snow, but by February I'm ready to be done with it.
Actually I would love to be there right now. I thought I would never say it but I terribly miss the snow :(

Ok, I might not miss it That much, since I will be going to the beach later on with the kids, But I did miss it around Christmas time.

RonaMoore
Wed, Feb-04-04, 17:48
Miezimau,
If you don't have a local health food store, you may want to check out www.sugarfreekitchen.com. They have a wide selection of whole-wheat or whole grain products aswell as sugar-free sauces, desserts etc. I don't think they have whole grain breads though. They say they ship world wide so at least that wouldn't be a p :yay: roblem.
Good luck.

miezimau
Wed, Feb-04-04, 20:36
Thanks RonaMoore, I do have a healthfood store, but it is kind of way out of my way. I have to drive for about 35 minutes to get to it. Buying over the Internet I gave up, because the Shipping and Handling to Hawaii are so outrageous.