PDA

View Full Version : Just checking... am I in the right place?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Klodo2
Tue, Feb-03-04, 09:25
Hi all!

I am following a Danish WOE called the Omega Method, which I think is similar to the SBD. There aren't many resources for that type of diet in Danish, so I thought I'd try joining this forum. I hope you can tell me if I have picked the right board.

The Omega Method is about avoiding bad fats and simple carbohydrates, while good fats (for instance canola and olive oil) and complex carbohydrates are encouraged. There is no carb or fat counting, but you are encouraged to use the Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load Index when choosing food. The writer also stresses exercise as an important factor. Also, he advises against highly processed foods and recommends using meat and vegetables as close to their natural form as possible.

I haven't read the South Beach Diet book, but from what I've heard it sounds a lot like the book I'm using.

Can you tell me if the above roughly matches what you do?

Thanks,
-Klodomir

Judi B.
Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:09
Sounds like South Beach to me. Good fats and low gi carbs and veggies.
Welcome!
Judi

Klodo2
Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:09
I'm very happy to hear that. This WOE is so new in Denmark that it's hard to find any information about it.

Indigo_
Sun, Feb-08-04, 15:21
Hi, and welcome.

Your Omega Method sounds like South Beach to me!

Klodo2
Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:31
Yes, the more I read about SB, the more similarities I see. So many that I have ordered the book from an international bookshop here in Denmark (it hasn't been translated yet). I hope to get it soon.