PDA

View Full Version : Typical Menus?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

believe27
Sun, Feb-01-04, 19:04
Hi, I'm 18 and in college. I was wondering what you all stock up on in your dorms for emergencies, and what you eat at the cafeterias. I am having trouble finding acceptable LC food. Also, is it hard for you to eat every 3-4 hours? I have to eat often to keep my blood sugar stable.

helena_c
Tue, Feb-03-04, 11:43
Okay, well, here's a rundown of what I keep in my dorm room. I have a few cans of Vienna Sausage, sugar free jello, cream cheese, mushrooms, diet rite, and that's pretty much it for me. In the cafeteria, I eat hamburger patties, salads, and veggies. Also, I find myself eating the deli-type meats from the sandwich bar. I eat all the meat I can find. Most nights, they do a decent job, and for breakfast, I eat eggs usually...because they almost always have eggs. When they have biscuit sandwiches and the like, I eat the bacon and cheese and eggs off of them.

believe27
Tue, Feb-03-04, 14:57
Ooh, good ideas, thanks a lot!

helena_c
Wed, Feb-04-04, 07:23
No problem...although most people complain about the quality of the food at the "caf'" I have to say that feeding time is my favorite time of the day!!!!!!