PDA

View Full Version : Milk on Phase 1 ? ? ? ? ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CEBrennan
Fri, Jan-30-04, 22:21
Hi All -

Just a quick question -

I'm doing a modified Atkins and my Mom and Sister are interested in starting the SBD - but they have a rather troubling question - page 126 in the hard-bound SBD book doesn't list milk as a phase 1 food - BUT - on page 16 the soft-bound good fats good carbs guide it IS listed as a phase 1 food.

So, which is right?

Many Thanks for any help,

CEB

Emly
Sat, Jan-31-04, 08:58
There has been an update on several foods since the book. Dairy products are one of them. Check out this link - the updates are about halfway down the page. I copied and pasted the part about milk, but there are other changes that may also be of interest.

http://www.mizfrogspad.com/south_beach_diet.htm

Milk

Old Version:
Avoid all dairy in Phase 1, except for less than 2 tablespoons fat-free half & half, nonfat milk, 1 percent milk, or soy milk allowed with coffee.

New Version:
Phase 1: Now includes low-fat milk (fat-free and 1 percent), soy milk, and yogurt (low-fat or fat-free plain or vanilla light/lite only) on the Phase 1 "foods to enjoy" list.
Phase 2: May add light/lite fruited yogurt as a "food to enjoy" in Phase 2. Note: Since the SBD is still low in saturated fat, high-fat whole milk products will remain on the "foods to avoid" lists for all Phases.

CEBrennan
Sat, Jan-31-04, 10:49
Hi Emly -

Many Thanks - you've just made two milk junkies very happy.

CEB

LizSartre
Sat, Jan-31-04, 14:42
I just went shopping today and here's an added treat!!!

I found sugar free/fat free/carb free chocolate syrup - put a little of that in your milk to stop that chocolate craving (which is really, the only thing I miss so far)...

BeastWoman
Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:45
This new update has made me very very very happy!
New here....... Hello Everyone.
Just wondering... how much milk can we have a day, i usually like to do about 2 glasses a day, is that OK?