PDA

View Full Version : [Montignac] lowcarbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tachi77
Wed, Jan-28-04, 23:43
hi, i am new here just signed up yesterday and started on the 'montignac method' 3 days a go. so far so good i would say but i am confused as to whether 'lowcarbing' is for eg. only 2 slices of wholegrain toast for breakfast - no bread with other 2 meals, no pasta (only wholegrain once a week) and no potatoes. please clarify i have been reading all messages on this boad for a couple of hours now and just as much as some things make sense some don't!

thanks

black57
Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:36
I am not familiar with your plan. But, I wanted to respond to your question. For those of us who are on Atkins ir Protein Power, lowcarbing means to not only avoid heavily carbed foods but to also count the carbs that are eaten. White flour, rice, sugar etc are no nos. Fruits such as bananas ans apples are too high in sugar so they are not eaten until the final phase of the diet.

In the beginning the carbs that we consume are from low carb vegetables such as peppers, broccoli etc. Low carb doesn't mean low fat. We include fats and oils in our diets.