PDA

View Full Version : yummy(sweet) protein bar

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Meg_S
Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:36
I'll post the nutrition info per bar, per size and the exact measurements of each ingredient, but I am pretty excited about this and wanted to post it.

-Atkins almond cereal
-peanut butter
-plain whey protein
-any other nuts or goodies you would care to add, almonds, dried coconut etc.

Mix the cereal, peanut butter (warm it so it's nice and soft) and whey powder. Add enough whey to soak up the greasiness of the pb and form into balls, or bars. You can adjust the nutrient level - for example more protein and carbs by adding more cereal, and have more protein and fat by keeping the cereal low and having more pb and whey.

You can substitute any nut butter for the peanutbutter - common ones are almond and cashew butter. Off the top of my head there could be some cream cheese experimentation in there as well, but I'll save that for later.

The cereal is VERY sweet (overly sweet imo) so you don't need to add any sweetner.

I'd roll the balls/bars in the whey when you've finished forming them to give them a dry coating -they way you would with flour. They probably keep best in a cool area and will stay firm.