PDA

View Full Version : My story

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GCamp13
Sat, Jan-24-04, 15:23
In April of this year I weighed 254 lbs, was squeezing into size 38 pants with my gut hanging over, Doctor was concerned because my blood work was not real good. I have been strictly on Atkins since, now weigh 176, size 32 pants are loose, went to the doctor this week and he was amazed at my blood work, magnificent was his word and he said he would not have even known me if he had met me on street. My wife has changed her eating habits although not as much as I and she has dropped 25 lbs in 2 months. Dr. Atkins, If your looking down from above, I want to say a big "Thank You!"

danakins
Sat, Jan-24-04, 15:27
Great story! Congrats on you and your wife's success! You are inspiration to us all.

Danakins

black57
Sat, Jan-24-04, 15:43
I love your story. Thanks for sharing it!

Black57

MyJourney
Sat, Jan-24-04, 15:47
How wonderful!

Thats a great story.

Sccuffy
Sat, Jan-24-04, 16:58
You give all us people just starting the wol the courage we need to continue, and the knowlege that yes, we too can succeed!

Thank you.

Sccuffy

orchidday
Sat, Jan-24-04, 17:33
Congratulations! You must feel much more comfortable in those new pants! Orchid

lynneuk
Sun, Jan-25-04, 11:41
Well done! What a great accomplishment. Now your Dr will be another convert!

GCamp13
Sun, Jan-25-04, 12:33
I asked his opinion of diet, He said that it had been proven to be a very effective diet and it had his approval. Said that my results were proof that it worked.

Kristine
Sun, Jan-25-04, 12:54
Congrats to both of you!! :thup: :thup: Keep up the good work!

niudog
Sun, Jan-25-04, 13:26
Your story sound similar to mine. We started at about the same weight, but now I wear the size 38's and I dont miss my 44's. Congrats on a job well done!!!