PDA

View Full Version : South Beach and Weight Watchers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Quest
Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:21
After the first two weeks, the food allowed on SB seems similar to what you could have on Weight Watchers when they had the exchange system (before they went to points and you could supposedly eat SF candy all day as long as you didn't exceed your points).

Why do people think SB is better than Weight Watchers?

CakkyDoodl
Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:31
I like it better because I don't have cravings that I would have if I didn't watch GI. You can fit SBD into WW IMO but I think Dr. A would frown on the counting.

Judi B.
Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:41
Cacky-
Yeah, I agree. SB frowns upon carb/cal counting (although I do watch my calories) Its supposed to be a lifestyle change-similar to Atkins in that respect.

I did do well years ago on the exchange system with WW. Kept it off for a while but weight slowly came back on. Hated the points system!
I learned alot about portion control back then...wonder what happened to me!

Judi