PDA

View Full Version : questions?????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

abowers
Fri, Jan-16-04, 11:40
I am a smoker of some few years. I won't say! But my boyfriend and I both smoke in our home. It's terrible. I hate it. I never really smoked that much to begin with. I have quit a couple of times only to got right back. I get so irritated that I just can't stop! I want him to stop as well, as so does he. He smokes more than I and he coughs up a terrible storm which makes me worry about him. :cry: I too, think that if I stop while on Atkins I will gain my weight back.
What are your suggestions for the both of us? And what is good at removing the awful smelly stinch of smoke in you house?? I don't like aerosol grocery store spray cans, by the way! And I'm tired of lighting incense! Any kind of herbal stuff out there?

Concerned,
Ada

Paleoanth
Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:50
Try using the Nicotine gum. I found that very helpful! I actually lost a couple of extra pounds because I knew I would probably gain some weight. I have only gained 3-4 pounds though.

Febreeze is good for odors and is safe for pets. Time will also get rid of the smell if you stop smoking indoors.

abowers
Sat, Jan-17-04, 09:31
Thanks! I have some of that somewhere!! I didn't really like that gum, but if it works I will try it!!

Quick question? I like your icon, the warrior woman, how can I change mine? And how can I change my log name? Do you know how?

Ada

Paleoanth
Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:34
Ada-

You can change your icon in the avatars section of the profile. I uploaded the one I had after making it. You can resize photos to use as well. Just go to Profile, then click Avatars and then at the bottom it has an area where you can browse your computer for images. OR you can use several of the ones they offer here.

As far as your log in name-you have to get a moderator to change that. You can PM one or go to the Technical Questions forum and post there that you want to change it.

jimjam
Thu, Jan-22-04, 16:25
Boy, I wish I could help - I am fighting the nicotine habit, too and while I was forcing myself to smoke outside, not it's below zero and I'm freezing and am smoking inside again - arg! I did NOT want to get back into that habit and here I sit.

how do some people just say they're going to do it and then do it, and others like me just can't find what it takes!?!? SIgh....

onebigman
Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:02
I quit by making up my mind to remeber that I want to quit...

that was my problem, I would quit. a couple days into it the addiction would make you forget how bad you want to quit... so you start thinking stuff like "one more wont hurt, or ive been good for two days... or I am at the bar with my friends.. or what ever situation that you are in thats a good excuse to forget that you really did want to stop a couple of days ago.

I never realized this is what happened every time I was unsuccessful.

Get tough and commit to the 3 or 4 days that it takes to get a clean sober mind... then its smooth sailing. THOSE 3 DAYS WILL BE HELL... but it will be great after that. its that easy. now do it. stop making excuses. stop smelling like garbage. stop waiting extra long at restaurants. stop paying your money to rich excutives from those companies. stop being a burden to millions to tax payers when YOU WILL get sick. stop killing yourself. stop throwing your garbage butts all over the ground. stop that paranoid feeling when you realize your almost out of smokes. stop standing outside in the cold. etc................................

Smoking is a nasty selfish habit that makes you look like trash. Quit.