PDA

View Full Version : New to it all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Barbara886
Wed, Aug-08-01, 06:40
Hello,
I've been doing the L/C for a while (2months) and I know I have been doing it wrong I've only lost 5lbs.
I can say this I do seem to have a lot more energy and I have lost a inch off my waist hips , and stomach so I must be doing something good it just seems to be taking too long.
Any help would be great!:) :)

Thanks Barbara

tamarian
Wed, Aug-08-01, 08:09
Hi Barbara,

Welcome aboard. A slow loss is better than no loss, so congrats on your progress so far! But there might be ways to increase your metabolism through diet and exercise depending on your current plan. I never heard of the "Radiant Health" program, could you tell us a bit about it?

Wa'il

r.mines
Wed, Aug-08-01, 08:12
You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. Different people lose weight at different rates, some rapidly, some quite slowly. It depends on age, gender, whether you've dieted a lot in the past, and other factors as well.

If you like, you can post a couple of days of what you've been eating, and our eagle-eyed critics can have a look at it.

Rachel

doreen T
Wed, Aug-08-01, 08:41
I'm a slow loser too, and sometimes I go for long stretches with no lbs lost on the scale .... but I think to myself that it's better than gaining, which I know would happen if I was still eating lowFAT, highCARB. The fact that you're losing inches is a definite sign you're on the right track.

Keep up the good work, and happy lowcarbing :)

Doreen

Karen
Wed, Aug-08-01, 08:52
Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the forum!

I am a great admirer of the Radiant Health program because it helps people with their addiction to carbohydrates/alcohol. It also turns them into "normal eaters". The Journal keeping is extremely beneficial to any program and I like the way an individuals journal is set up.

For speedy and maximum weight loss, there are a few too many carbohydrates included in the basic plan. In the "Losing Weight" chapter of Potatoes not Prozac, she states that in order to lose weight you have to take out the "brown things", fruit and juices and eat from the "green things" and protein. During maintenance, you can slowly add a few of the "brown things" back.

Why don't you post what you eat? We can give you a hand with tweaking the plan. There is a Journal section in the forum where you may want to keep your journal. You'll get lots of tips and advice there.

Keep posting!

Karen