PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was the only one

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dreamwalk
Tue, Aug-07-01, 10:53
People think they know you, but if you don't know yourself, then they can't really know you... :D I thought I was all by myself...Then I found you guys!!!! This is a wonderful way to live and succeed. You see I'm a chef, and around food all the time. You have to taste the food you prepare, in order to know if you have the right amount of seasings, right???:confused: :confused: :confused: WRONG!!!!!! You get a ginny pig to do the tasting, that is what I've learned on this new way to succeed. I've tried everything to lose weight, from the time I can remember as a child to about 2wks ago. I've lost 8lbs.To some that seems not very much, but to me that's a start!!! I weighed in at 270. I have been up to 438. The death of loved ones lost the first Ugly rolls, dips,bumps,and lumps. Then, I just stopped:eek: . I didn't know where to go from there. Now I know I'm on the right track. Feel free to write me anytime, will try to get back at cha!!!Love loads, and keep plugging everybody!!!!:D

Robin
Sun, Aug-12-01, 09:03
Hello dreamwalk...

I was working my way through all the various posts trying to catch up and stopped at yours. That must be the toughest thing of all, to be around food all day. I really feel for yourself and Karen. I would have a tough time resisting temptation....

I am most happy when we pack our lunch and plod off to work. It's the weekends that can be difficult when we're home and the cupboards and frige beckon!

I really like this board too. I think it's just perfect. No flame wars, lots of information, lots of support and really nice people. Wish my house was big enough to have you all over..

8 pounds is a wonderful loss. :D There is no race here. The important thing is to stick with it. You have made a decision and it's a good one.

This WOL certainly does become easier as time goes by. This is my second time around. I did Dr. Atkins in the 70's and the choices were very limited. Not to mention how the Internet has totally changed the concept of "dieting". There are so many recipes and things to try posted here that boredom is never an issue.

Keep posting and we'll keep reading. Best of luck! :cool:

JulieBlake
Fri, May-30-08, 13:16
[I]Hello...We are here for you!!! We will succeed!!! Just read the success stories!!! I lost 110 lbs and gained it all back and mre. due to illness...almost 50# of fluid retension from my meds. I almost died at Christmas 2007...almost dialysis...my kidneys failed from a med that I had been on for 10 yrs....it became toxic to me. I had 3x the level in my blood than I needed. I was under Drs care and nurses care...3X day...they came to my apt. No One noticed I was sick until I had flu symptoms. Then my brain started to shut down...forgot my daughters phone #. I ususally called her every day. They rushed me to ER. Put bags of glucose to wash that med out of my system...it worked thankfully!!! I was in coma for 3 days. Then I called everyone at the hospital by my kids names...everyone was Jasmyn and Joshua...I couldn't stand,write,barely talk! So I had to go into a nursing home to get proper care...rehab got me up and walking within a month!!! I was not prepared to go back to my apt...so I am here. This is my home for now. I am a strong Christian and my faith will see me through!!! Praying for ya'll...best of luck!!! Julie from Co.

rightnow
Fri, May-30-08, 14:18
Good for you! Chefs are more than welcome in lowcarb land, since they often come up with great new ideas. :-)