PDA

View Full Version : Is the BC pill going to make me fail this WOE?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gradstdnt
Tue, Dec-09-03, 15:54
Hi All:

I just joined the forum, and I am excited for the support and the chance to share my input as well. I am 23, on the BC pill and have PCOS. I have been getting worried by some posting that say that the BC pill will undermine all attempts to lose weight and relieve the PCOS symptoms that I am looking for with this WOE. Please help! I need good advice :)

McBear
Sun, Dec-14-03, 21:50
Hi - I am a bit older than you (33), but I have PCOS and was put on the pill (Mircette) to relieve the PCOS symptoms. Since starting to low carb, I've lost 31 lbs. in a little over 6 months. The pill has not hindered my progress. I'm not perfect with the LC WOL and I've still had nice results.

Even though your mileage may vary, yes, it can work out great for you. Best of luck! And feel free to ask me anything in my journal...
-McBear

gradstdnt
Sun, Dec-14-03, 22:05
McBear:

Thank you for your honest feedback! That eased my mind! Congrats on your success :wiggle: