PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ConshyGirl
Mon, Aug-06-01, 23:05
Hello all -

I have been lurking here for a few days, and wanted to join in the fun. Tomorrow will be the end of my first two weeks on Atkins and I'm down 8 lbs. I have a long way to go, but am really enjoying this WOE. I've tried many low-fat programs in the past, but was always HUNGRY (imagine that!) I'm encouraged by all the success stories I've been reading here and hope to become one myself...:D

Thanks,

Karen
Tue, Aug-07-01, 00:00
Welcome to the forum conshy!

It's great fun and loaded with information. Keep poking around and keep posting!

Karen

wannabthin
Tue, Aug-07-01, 09:41
8# - that is soooo encouraging for me! I'm on day 8 on Induction. It's going so well - I love this WOL. My dh is getting ready to join me when I enter my OWL period. He doesn't need to lose wt. just eat healthier.

Look forward to reading more posts from you on your progress! How much are you trying to drop?

ConshyGirl
Tue, Aug-07-01, 15:56
WannaBe:

Thanks for the encouragement! I have a lot of weight to lose - probably about 80 pounds... but its so hard for me to think in those terms - it seems almost impossible! But this WOE is really working for me so far, so it may not be so impossible after all!

I've always focused on low fat diets in the past, but its always been a struggle! I mean, how many rice cakes can you really eat and feel satisfied? I haven't had a craving or been hungry since the first few days of induction. So far, so good. I'm so glad I found this forum... my friends are dubious about eating low-carb and they don't mean to, but they still try to "help" me - you know, at dinner, they'll say "wouldn't it be better just to have a potato, but no butter?" POTATO? no, no no.... lol

Are you following Atkins? I've been reading Carbo Addicts Diet and although it sounds good, the Reward Meal scares me! Keep me posted on your progress; thanks for responding. :D