PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Rancher Gels and new Chapman's flavours

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Deirdre
Mon, Aug-06-01, 21:06
I found a couple of new things at IGA today. Jolly Rancher Gels - refrigerated jello type things - made with Splenda, they only had Raspberry.

The 2 new flavours of Chapman's no sugar added Ice Cream - Cookies & Cream and Neopolitan. Made with maltitol among other things, I got the C & C, it has 11g carbs / 1/2 cup I think but that includes the maltitol. Very yummy!

Bonnie
Tue, Aug-07-01, 05:03
Deirdre,

I too have been waiting for the new flavors of Chapman's to be introduced in my area (along with the novelties) .. the Cookies and Cream flavour nutritional content seems to be in line with the vanilla....thanks for posting the info ;)

Bonnie

doreen T
Tue, Aug-07-01, 07:56
hi folks

Just a note about the Chapman's sugar-free ice creams .. if you read the Nutrition data carefully ... you'll see that a serving size is NOT 1/2 cup .... it's only 50g, or about 94 ml ... a 1/2 cup is 125 ml.

If you work out the math, for the Butterscotch Ripple, which is 13g carbs for 94 ml, then 1/2 cup would be over 17g carbs. For comparison, a 1/2 cup (125 ml) serving of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla ice cream made with sugar, is 15g carbs. And it's real, no chemicals or risk of laxative effect.

You can check the Chapman's webpage (follow the links to the Sugar-Free page, they don't have the new flavours listed yet) http://www.chapmans.on.ca/

I've posted a few home-made lowcarb ice creams here in the Lowcarb Kitchen as well, each is under 6g per serving ... and all natural ingredients. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6767 .. or look under the Sweet treats header.

Doreen

Deirdre
Tue, Aug-07-01, 11:15
You're right Doreen, a serving size is 40g / 75 ml. Oh well, I still figure it's got to be better than regular ice cream. I have an ice cream maker too but like the convenience and taste of the Chapman's. Hasn't hurt me too much so far!