PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dipta
Fri, Nov-28-03, 17:12
Hi there,
My name is Dipta and I have been messing with fibro for 10 (diagnosed) probably 15 so my husband says...*LOLOL*...I have never been able to have a full time job, or a real life.
I only recently started low carbing it at the advice of my doctor.
To tell you the truth most doctors dont have a clue...
The list of symptoms is so long I couldn't believe it when I started to have improvement...
I have tried many things..not so many prescription drugs because they make me way stupid and don't do much for the pain or sleep.
I find you really have to figure out what works for you. I am taking Amino Acids as recommended by Dr. Vickery (chiropractor) and went on a candita diet for 5 weeks. I take a mega multi, extra C and extra A. I use 5HTP for sleep. I am off the muscle relaxants and pain killers!!!! Now I am doing Atkins...and well I cannot believe how great I feel.
My chiropractor and massage therapist are in shock...as my body is returning back to normal!!! (I had poor muscle tone and deep relflexes) I don't have depression or anxiety (that in itself is amazing, no more letting the phone ring because I can't stand to talk to anyone), (let alone the FOG ) or acid reflux and tummy problems (gluten intolerance) I have been able to sneak in exercise, starting with only 1 minute a day (and then I went to have a nap!) I am up to an hour a day including eliptical trainer, spinning and yoga (gentle). I am sleeping 8 hours a night instead of 2 or 3. I am doing something right because I am a yoga teacher and had to quit because I had such body pain in the shoulders, lower back, neck, face and head (migraines)
I can hardly believe how sick I was...my family is overjoyed to have me back after so many years.... :wiggle:
So all I can say is don't give up!!! It took me over 10 years to figure out what works for me. There are answers out there and you have to be proactive in your pain, and fog and anxiety and find them. Keep reading, keep asking questions...keep trying and trying!!! People really don't understand how tired you really are, how much pain you are in, and how hard you are really trying. Keep attempting to help them understand and be patient with them they are often frustrated and really worried. Be clear on what you would like from folks..they can't read our minds...or so I have been told.
Whew...I guess that was a bit more than hello...
Going to go and eat...*LOLOL* oh and I had to change from being a veggie head to being an eat meat person to do the candita diet, and to do the Atkins as far as I can see. I wasn't keen on it at first...but I dont' want to change anything right now because I feel so great!!!!
Wishing all you folks with chronic pain...a pain free moment...a moment where you can actually think, remember and know what is going on!!!

Much love
Dipta :yay:

OpenArms
Sat, Dec-13-03, 09:07
Dipta - that's so wonderful to hear that you're doing as well as you are!

Of course - you're right. Those without Fibro just don't get it... and the dr's I've seen about it are the worst. But regardless - your story gives me lots of hope. :) Thank you!

~Tracy