PDA

View Full Version : Just An Intro of Sorts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bellablue
Sun, Aug-05-01, 16:50
I just discovered this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bella and although not new to low carbing, I am returning to it after 6 years of counting only fat grams and ignoring carbs, sugar etc. which has been for the most part unsuccessful beyond teaching me to read the nutrition labels. This forum is going to be a big help and inspiration for me--so much that I put a short cut to it on my desktop so I can check frequently. I'm two weeks into low carbs and high protein and feel great! I have a long road ahead of me so I'm thinking of this as a "lifestyle" and not a "diet". Still miss my milk~~ although I know it isn't really that good for me with the bovine enhancers they give the poor cows. Anyone on Yahoo IM feel free to add me to your buddy list as I'm online ALOT since I'm presently not working. My handle is rosemarylavendersage~~~~~~~~Bella ~~~so glad I found this place!!!

Karen
Mon, Aug-06-01, 00:32
Welcome to the Forum bella!

You have the right attitude to turn this into a great way of life for yourself. This forum is fairly active and very informative, so check in often.

This is the thing that cracks me up about milk. We are the only species that keeps on nursing after being weaned. Imagine being on all fours, in a field, nursing from a cow! Not very appealing! ;)

Karen

bellablue
Mon, Aug-06-01, 14:34
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Karen! Great point about milk as there are few places here in the states (and especially in Idaho) to get "safe" milk. And this is only something I'm just learning about (bovine enhancers). I think the wake-up call for me, was when I began to realize how much sugar dominated my life when I was counting only fat grams. Even though I didn't put extra white sugar on anything, it was there nonetheless. And I was going nowhere very slowly counting just the fat as if I slipped off I gained back my minimal loss and plus. I have been browsing the board and various threads and have gotten some great new ideas for foods that I can eat to keep from being "diet-bored". I have also sent this URL off to friends. I wouldn't have know this site existed if I hadn't just started a search with the Yahoo engine and this believe it or not was the very first one that came up. I'm very pleased!~~~bella

Karen
Mon, Aug-06-01, 17:52
What's your modified Atkins plan?

Karen

bellablue
Mon, Aug-06-01, 19:56
well. 25 years ago when my ostepath doctor steered me in the direction of this diet--it was authorized by Dr. Irwin Stillman--he was very old at the time and had a book out. I believe he was Atkins mentor but that's a guess. It was no carbs at all. I had a difficult time then and would now. So I've modified it by having a few carbs a day. I think it might be called the Airforce Diet (someone said that to me==so possibly). I don't go out of my way to find carbs and I eat meat, cheese, eggs.a little lettuce, do not eat sugar, no bread, milk or fruit. There are actually alot of things to eat. I love pasta and potatos but can't and don't have them. So is there a name for this diet or a book?? Just discovered sugar free jello today--so happy as there's something sweet and fruity and cool I can eat. It's over 100 degrees here and no air conditioning!~~bella