PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello and looking for email buddy.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jalmada
Sun, Aug-05-01, 12:09
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been on the Atkins diet for some time and am just now noticing that I have somewhat slipped back into some bad habits with food - so... I'm taking the bull by the horns and getting back onto the path - I originally was 250 pounds and managed to drop to 185 pounds at one point - I have gained back to 215 and am going back to induction starting today... No time like the present to stop the progression and keep my health intact.

I am an ex-coronary patient - have done 2 times in CCU and the Atkins diet certainly helped to make me feel much better over last couple of years - I just think having some additional support with an online friend could be helpful to keep me on the path... In turn, I'd provide similar feedback and help too ;>)

Jon

Karen
Sun, Aug-05-01, 12:26
Welcome the Forum Jalmada!

While having an email buddy is great for support, you only get one perspective. Here you get the perspective of many. There are old-timers, newbies and in-betweeners and it's always interesting to see everyones take on a subject.

Karen

jalmada
Sun, Aug-05-01, 12:40
Hi Karen,

You are quite correct - this looks like a large community and I'll be most happy to listen to ALL the opinions and ideas - Many thanks and I'm glad I found this forum and site...

It's off to go walking now and then I'll be doing yard work - Nice and sunny here in not-so-power starved California... I hope Vancouver is looking good today ;>)

Blessings...

Jon

Lara
Sun, Aug-05-01, 14:08
Hi Jon. This is a great forum and there are so many wonderful people here. Karen is right - coming here gets so many perspectives on your situation. I visit daily and love how welcome I feel and how much information everyone has to offer. Good luck and we're all with you. Cheers, Lara

jalmada
Sun, Aug-05-01, 14:24
Lara,

I was glad to hear from you - Many thanks for the encouragement... Have you worked with email buddies before and does it work better having more than one to lean on and also to have lean on you?

See you later! ;>)

Jon - that Sun loving Yank in Northern California.

borlisch
Sun, Aug-05-01, 19:35
Hi Jon

You will find not just 1 e-mail buddy but many. This site has been such a great support group. When you fall off the wagon they are there to help support you, to let you know it is not the end of the world. They have so much knowledge and I have learned so much from all of them. If you have a question, a problem or just want to talk replies are always soon to come. So happy to have you on this site, and happy carbing to you.

It is very interesting where this entire group hails from, what an interesting combination. Welcome aboard.

Barb

NinaMarie
Sun, Aug-01-04, 19:38
Hi john!!

It's great to see you're back on Atkin's today as well... I just started induction again today, and I love this forum!! It's great to have all the different opinions and comments from everyone... I also would like to get more personally involved with a buddy though, to provide more support for myself. If you
're interested in being pen pals with me, (Lol) leave me your email address and well get in touch!