PDA

View Full Version : parmesan breaded eggplant

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rrmalns
Sat, Nov-22-03, 19:02
I made eggplant parmigiana for the family tonight and decided to try battering with parmesan rather than wheat germ. It turned out WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the idea to batter with parmesan from this website. I fryed in a deep fryer and overcooked just a bit and they turned out like the cape cod kettle chips. I got to thinking, that would make a great dipper. Slice the eggplant thinner and fry like a chip and you could use it for spinach dip, guacamole, etc. Whoever came up with this idea was brilliant!!!

Ghost
Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:09
Mmmmmmmmmm. Sounds great! I've been meaning to try zucchini chips in my dehydrator but have not got around to it yet. Read a post somewhere but this sounds much better!

CajunCarbr
Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:08
I did my own version of Eggplant Parmisan last nite. It came out really great. Very tasty and you don't even miss those darn bread crumbs. Let's face it, it's not the bread crumbs that taste so good, it's the parmesan cheese.

I dipped my in an egg wash and then in the seasoned cheese. Fried lightly in olive oil. I even finished my in the oven a little longer to make sure they were cooked all through. You probably don't have to do that if you slice the eggplant thin enough. Super yummy and easy!

etoiles
Sat, Feb-14-04, 17:31
We have done this before with eggplant too and it is super yummy!

Another good thing to do with the fried eggplant is use some ricotta and spinach (or sausage) stuffing to roll up inside each piece, put it in a pan covered with tomato sauce and you have eggplant rollatini!

Also we have layered fried eggplant (sans parmesan) as a substitute for noodles in lasagna and it was excellent!