PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amh54
Thu, Nov-20-03, 17:22
I have been overweight for 25 years and like most have tried every diet, drug and program in the book, without results. My wife had been telling me for a long time about the Atkins diet but I just thought it would be another in a long series of failures. One day I finally said, what the heck, and started on Atkins. The weight began melting away! I went from 220 pounds to 175 (I'm 5' 8-1/2"), a loss of 45 pounds! I was so used to being fat for so many years that I can't believe it myself as I am writing it. I sometimes walk by a plate glass window and wonder, who is that guy? When walking by people in the street, instead of looking at me in the face and then looking at my gut, they just look at me in the face and smile. Beside just feeling great for such an accomplishment I feel better physically as well. I used to suffer from sleep apnea and needed to use a CPAP machine at night. Now the sleep apnea is gone! I used to have a bottle of antacid at work, a bottle in the car, a bottle in the kitchen and a bottle beside my bed and was taking them by the fistfull. Since starting on Atkins I haven't had acid indigestion even once in six months! Low carb has truly changed my life!

MisterE
Fri, Nov-21-03, 13:07
Congratulations. Looks like you have found your path to better health!

Kristine
Thu, Nov-27-03, 11:50
Wow, that's an amazing turnaround in your health! :thup: Good for you! Congratulations!