PDA

View Full Version : Need someone with creativity

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alan
Sat, Aug-04-01, 12:13
My wife takes fat free sugar free chocolate or butterscotch pudding and mixes it with 2 cups of whipping cream and then she has been putting it into a gallon size zip lock bag. Using the countertop she flattens it out and places it in the freezer. It totals 48 carbs but we break off small pieces and it last quite a while.

What I am looking for is some form of mold that would allow me to make 48 separate sections so I would know each section is 1 gram. Something like a plastic ice cube tray where you pop up cube by putting pressure on the bottom of each cube.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

fiona
Sat, Aug-04-01, 12:24
I used to get irritated with peeling ginger/garlic/chilli/dhania for each meal (it goes in pretty nearly everything I cook). So I hit on the idea of peeling several weeks supply and blending it all in one go.

Then put it into icecube trays and let it freeze. Once frozen remove it from the trays and pack in single layer plastic bags to fit exactly into a container. The layers stack beautifully and if they are in separate plastic bags keep very well even when there is a slight fluctuation on temperature. Then just take one icecube when u need it.

Like your idea of LC sweet ready for those vulnerable moments. Might try it myself one of these days.
Take care.

Karen
Sat, Aug-04-01, 13:14
I have two ice cube trays. One holds 16 and the other 18 ice cubes. So the 16 x three trays would make 48 cubes. Failing that, 3 x 18 and only fill 48 cubes instead of 54.

Karen

shelley
Sun, Aug-05-01, 06:12
Have you thought of chocolate molds? Most bulk stores have them.

Karen
Sun, Aug-05-01, 08:43
Another alternative is a Silpat mould. It's flexible but a little pricey. High end kitchenware stores and restaurant supply stores carry them.

Here is a link. Not the best picture though!

http://www.demarleusa.com/product/flexipan/flexipan.htm

Karen

alan
Sun, Aug-05-01, 21:23
Karen,

Thanks for supplying the answer to my question. I contacted the company and I await there response. It is a bit pricey but it will be worth it knowing that I am not breaking my diet.

I think the product that I want is the flexipan as they show it being used with chocolate. For $53.00 I can get the tray that hold 48 pieces and based on the combined gram count that would be equal to one gram per piece.

Thanks again for your help.

Al