PDA

View Full Version : Instant Chocolate Cream Delight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eebee
Sat, Aug-04-01, 00:50
Well I just made this up and it is delicious -the most wonderful quick chocolate craving satisfier.

Take 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt and 1/2 cup of cream. whip the cream until quite thick. ( We only have one type of whipping cream in New Zealand and I think it equates to heavy cream in the US). Add 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder -unsweetened, add some artificial sweetner. Mix it up. Eat it.

According to my Lifeform software it has 6 grams of carbs.
(I deducted 4 grams of carbs from the yoghurt as the yoghurt culture eats 8 grams for each cup). So the yoghurt = 1 gram, the cream 4 grams and the cocoa powder 1 gram. Adjust carbs for the brands you have available.

Karen
Sat, Aug-04-01, 09:29
Looks good eebee!

I've made something similar with cream cheese and sometimes mascarpone.

Karen

canadagal
Sat, Aug-11-01, 00:18
Sounds yummy. I do the something similar but I use sugar free hot choclate powder instead of the cocoa and sweetner. Sometimes I sprinkle in a little bit of cinnamon too!

Natrushka
Sun, Aug-12-01, 13:41
I made this today but substituted cream cheese for the yoghurt. It's fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Nat

eebee
Mon, Aug-13-01, 01:30
Cream cheese? I will try it- sounds as if this might taste like cheescake. We could even add some egg yolks and try cooking it!

Natrushka
Mon, Aug-13-01, 10:12
It tasted EXACTLY like the decadent chocolate cheesecake my Mom has been making for years. I even took her over a sample, and she loved it. We let my Dad and boyfriend have a *small* taste. They both whined when we wouldnt share any more. ha!

;)

Nat