PDA

View Full Version : artichoke cassarole

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dina
Fri, Nov-14-03, 18:21
When I was growing up , this was one of my favoirte dishes that my mom made . I tried to adapt it low carb (only had to replace the bread crumbs with keto crumbs) It is really delicious and makes a great side dish. You take frozen artichoke hearts and boil them in water. When soft you saute them in olive oil. At this point if you like mushrooms you can sautee a can of mushrooms with the chokes.You want a little extra oil since you need it to absorb the bread crumbs. Turn off heat when artichokes are sauted. Now stir in a good fresh grated italian cheese(like romano or locatelli), maybe a 1/4 cup ,then stir in maybe a 1/4 cup italian flavored keto crumbs. That is it. It really is very good. Hope you try it.