PDA

View Full Version : Doing it for Me, Myself and I

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Blondie28
Thu, Aug-02-01, 12:06
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/stories/story001.html

Wow!! What a great job!! Keep up the good work...that is a encredible amount of weight to loose. Good for you!

Hugs,
Shannon

tamarian
Thu, Aug-02-01, 12:21
Thanks Shannon! And I still have both kidneys. ;)

Wa'il

Trainerdan
Wed, Sep-05-01, 20:19
I have always meant to say something to you about that Wa'il ... you have made phenomenal progress ...

400 to 230 is just mind-boggling ... You have lost roughly teh equivalant of "the average male" in weight ...

The amount of will-power and effort it must take to achieve that is way beyond the scope of most people (couch potatoes, non-LC people, those who have no regard to their own well-being, etc.)

Congratulations ... and to think that I get pissed at myself when I can't drop a few pounds of fat when it comes time to lean out ... Kinda puts it all into prespective.

tamarian
Wed, Sep-05-01, 20:36
Thanks Dan,

I get p/o'ed sometimes at the lack of progress, but looking at where I was is an eye-opener.

The funny thing is that my main motiviation comes from an old 1980's Tv-Informertial package that my brother throw out, and I picked it up from him. I still have it. It's called the "Neurophsycology of Weight Control" :D By Cybervision. It's a 12 cassettes + booklet, very low-fat (5%), very high-carb. But the lessons I learned from it (which they really focused on) were the self-image part. Self-respect for your body as is, and motivation to improve it. Didn't absorb it well at first, but the more I "get it", the more I see the mountain getting smaller.

Wa'il

borlisch
Tue, Oct-23-01, 12:01
Wa'il

Your a wonderful person inside and out. You have done great and have been such an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for your uplifting thoughts and advise

Barb :thup: