PDA

View Full Version : Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DAZY28
Sat, Nov-01-03, 21:35
I've been LCing for a week now. About a year ago I tried this diet and quit after 10lbs because I got sick of all the meat and cheese. I am a BREAD EATER. I just love bread, tortillas, and potatoes, and I know that is why I have gained so much wait. Anyway, while shopping for diet food I found a whole section dedicated to Atkins food. Atkins bars, baking mixes etc. My question is can I eat this stuff during induction? I do have the new book and I don't see anything about the atkins products yet. Please help.
Dazy

potatofree
Sat, Nov-01-03, 21:50
Personally, I would do induction "by the book". Two weeks isn't forever. Then, SLOWLY, one at a time, over the course of OWL the other products can be added. I had to forget about low-carb bread for a LONG time, since I couldn't STOP at one slice, just like I was with real bread pre-lowcarb. Some of the low-carb substitute products set off the same binge triggers that people had before.

Funny thing about staying on this eating plan...eventually you don't WANT the things you used to not be able to LIVE without....

LilaCotton
Sun, Nov-02-03, 01:55
I agree completely with Potatofree. Some of the LC products are just great! I've introduced a few of them into our household, but mostly because I have teen-agers who're LCing. We buy the LC bread and Carb Countdown 'milk'. They use both products sparingly, which is I think as it should be. The older daughter just can't stand eggs and tries to get a good breakfast, so sometimes uses a piece of LC bread to make French toast and tops it with berries and cream.

Funny thing about staying on this eating plan...eventually you don't WANT the things you used to not be able to LIVE without....

I've also found this to be true. Most of the things which seemed so good before just aren't now. I mean honestly, which looks more inviting? A bowl of mashed potatoes or a dish of berries with cream? A bag of potato chips or some nuts and cheese? To my mind, there's just no contest. ;)

tampa_girl
Sun, Nov-02-03, 06:21
I'm a bread lover too.....with garlic, cheese, butter, olive oil. You name it, I love it....especially warm, right out of the oven! BUT I have not craved it at all since starting the Atkins diet. I think it's because I'm feeling full all the time. Give this a try. If you're still craving after induction, carefully add those new items. :)

DAZY28
Mon, Nov-03-03, 17:22
I was just confused because in the book it has meal ideas for induction and it lists zuccini bread (atkins recipe) and an atkins shake. I guess I am having a hard time understanding the book. Do they have an Atkins book for dummys?
Daisy

NickFender
Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:10
check out Atkins.com for some additional insight, but remeber that they are selling stuff there, so their attitude toward what is allowed tends to be a little more liberal.