PDA

View Full Version : Breathing issues

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tabby
Fri, Oct-31-03, 09:16
Ever since I began the "Battle", I've been experiencing breathing problems. Anyone else?

Granted, my nasal passages are slightly swollen (and nothing helps--allergy meds or nasal irrigation), but even with mouth breathing I just don't feel like I get enough air in sometimes. It makes me feel so tired (by the way, I'm 41, non-smoker, otherwise "healthy"). Til the weather got cooler and the days shorter, I was walking briskly every morning 2-4 miles and felt good then, but it was the rest of the day and night that my breathing was bad. Now that I'm not walking much regularly, it's bad all the time.

Is it the lungs trying to help with the detox? Chemical sensitivities were my first complaint this this problem. Maybe my liver has been overloaded with toxins released when the yeast die? Should I concentrate on detoxing the liver before continuing the anti-fungals?

Any thoughts or shared experiences extremely appreciated! Thank you.
Tabby

DerBlumers
Sat, Nov-01-03, 16:19
Maybe it's detoxing...this sounds like how my lungs react when the season changes....from summer to fall. Sensitivity to more molds and mildews are quite prevalent in the fall...and I lived in NW Indiana (Chicago area) for a few years....the trees shedding their leaves are beautiful this time of year, but the first time I experienced a reaction to molds was the first fall I lived there....Since candida symptoms include such sensitivities, I suspect this could be a "die-off" reaction. Try drinking a couple glasses more water every day to help flush out your liver. Spend less time among the trees and leaves...and intense humidity...it can exaccerbate your troubles. If you have continued breathing difficulties...it it gets a lot worse....see a doctor...because it could be the beginning stages of asthma.

I wish I had a better answer....maybe a smaller dose of the anti-fungals and more of a gradual increase later? How about milk thistle as a liver tonic? Don't forget the water.....

Tabby
Wed, Nov-05-03, 08:53
Thanks for your reply.......I just can't figure it out. I still had breathing "issues" during our 2-week beach vacation. I seem to feel better when out walking (even this fall in central IL)......maybe it's just the activity that keeps me from dwelling on it, I don't know. I've been on another candida forum and it seems several people there have breathing issues as part of their Candida. I also think it might be digestion related......I've eliminated the most obvious offenders for allergies, but I guess some unknown trigger is still in hiding. Arrrggghh.....I hate this stuff!

Thanks,
Tabby

sjkling
Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:19
central IL? me too! this time of year it could be due to allergies! there is so much corn and soybean dust in the air from all the harvesting!

Danyele
Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:49
hi,

I have been on antibiotics many times in the past and had a small problem with Candida, went to a naturopath and got it under control. Recently i started adding low carb products(bread, tortillas) and notice the candida symptoms coming back(aching joints, fuzzy head and breathing problems). I started cutting out these foods a few days ago, taking acidopholus, grapefruit seed extract, milk thistle and have noticed a major improvement in that short time. I don't know why and if there is a definite connection but I personally believe there is. Just my $0.02.

Danyele

Jeanne Sch
Mon, Feb-09-04, 14:53
I have breathing problems with the die-off effect.
I cut back on my program (particularly my prescribed Diflucan med) if the die-off is too much all at once.
HTH :)