PDA

View Full Version : how slow is slow?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hpah1
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:05
I have been doing atkins off and on for about six months (not a good idea, I know). I don't have a ton to lose...about 25 pounds. I have heard several of you mention that weightloss is quite slow on CAD. Regardless of what WOE I try, I know my weightloss is going to be slow. Do you think it will be too painfully slow on CAD? Should I stick with Atkins? The problem with Atkins is that I just don't think that I am going to be able to eat like this the rest of my life! I like the idea of being able to eat fruit, higher carb veggies and such on CAD....

also, are you allowed to have alcohol on CAD? If I go out, am I allowed to have a gin and diet squirt AFTER the RM? I don't drink a lot, maybe once or twice a week.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

cori
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:27
You are allowed to have alcohol on CAD, but it has to be WITHIN your one-hour reward meal time limit. Also, you need to count it as carbs in the balance of your reward meal.

I'll leave the rate of loss to those with less to lose! Good Luck! :D

Tess M
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:45
Hi, hpah.. I think the rate of loss can be a very individual thing. There are so many factors to consider. For me, it hasn't been very fast. I've been CAD-ing since the end of April, and CALP-ing since July. So far, I've lost exactly 20 pounds. Now--I'm perimenopausal, on lots of meds, etc., so I would expect my loss to be slower. There are things that you can do to speed up the loss--for example, I've recently given up "real" sugar and processed flour (pretty much), and my loss is speeding up. I also try to keep my fat relatively low. Overall, it's been about 2 1/2 - 3 pounds per month. That's OK with me--I'll get there.. I think the best advice would be to try it (for at least a few weeks-to give it a fair shot), and see how you feel (you'll feel great, I promise). It won't take you long at all to see what things you need to eliminate or add, to make it successful for you. But--it WILL work... :)

hpah1
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:54
Thanks Cori and Tess M for your input! I really appreciate it. I think that I am going to finish my 2 weeks of induction (on day 6) and see how that goes. I really don't care if the weightloss is slow...3 pounds a month would be fine. I think that in the long run CAD is the way to go.

kokle
Fri, Oct-31-03, 06:04
Hpah1,

I still have a lot to lose, but it seems slow. But, it is going down and that is the important thing. Good luck with starting CAD. Just make sure you keep the RM balanced! And, eat allowed veggies at all meals and snacks.