PDA

View Full Version : Effexor XR

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tina3
Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:37
Hi all,

I began taking Effexor XR (75mg) about six months ago and initally was doing great! I actually felt good, and that is not "normal" for me. Then, I began to not feel so good, and started getting down again and even crying for no reason. The dr. just upped it to 150mg. daily, and though I have been doing that for the past 9 days, I can't say that I feel any better. Actually, I feel irritable! And I have a very hard time sleeping.
I also was taking some 5-HTP along with the lower dose but was concerned about mixing the two so i stopped.
Have I become immune to the effexor?

Thanks, Tina

Devnet
Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:21
I was diagnosed 6 years ago with Major Depressive Illness. I also went through a whole range of antidepressents and became resistant to each one after a short period of time.

My Dr. prescribed a very tiny dose of Risperidone to in his words "coax the antidepressant to work". Of course this drug is normally prescribed to psycotic patients so the dose was really tiny, I looked it up at the time and if I'm remembering correctly it was a very small percentage of what they would give to someone who would take it as an anti-psychotic.

It worked like a charm! I was on the tiny dose plus my Effexor XR for about a year and then I just didn't need either anymore!

Keep at it, I don't think you are so much immune as you may just need that extra 'kick-start'.