PDA

View Full Version : Hey, hey everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yukho
Wed, Aug-01-01, 06:37
Just wanted to say hi! I have been this board for a long time now, so this have been a inspiration for me to start on LC again... i started once before, last year when i first got the Arkins book, i guess i wasn`t motivited enough then, i hit the wall after a week or so.

I started again sunday 07.22.2001, it started not too well because the very next sunday my mom had birthday and she forced me to eat spagetti and 3 pieces of choclade creme cake!!! but fortunetly that day didn`t ruined to much of the plan. My weight when i started was 233 and today i`m at 222, and i check my ketosis everyday with Ketostix, ("moderat" everyday expect for that day with spagetti and cake) great motivation that is.

I have not always been overweight, i used to be around 150, it started when i got this job 8 years ago, sitting in front of a computer and pizza every other day when working late. My goal is be around 160.

Anyway thank you for this great board and all the ppl here who have been a insiration for me.

rhonda_kay
Wed, Aug-01-01, 07:39
Your mom forced you to eat spaghetti and 3 pieces of cake?!?!?!

tamarian
Wed, Aug-01-01, 07:52
Hi Yukho,

Welcome aboard! Glad you delurked, and congrats on the weight-loss so far.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Wa'il

Yukho
Wed, Aug-01-01, 07:54
:D It`s hard to tell a 75 year old mom that you won`t eat her cake at her birthday!

r.mines
Wed, Aug-01-01, 08:12
I know what you mean. I've been low-carbing for months now, and my mom's gotten used to it. In fact, my whole family's gotten used to it. I brought my own Ross chocolate bar (sweetened with Maltitol) to my mom's last birthday so I could have some dessert too, and no one batted an eye.

Rachel
PS How DO you bat an eye, anyway?

sylvie p
Wed, Aug-01-01, 08:20
I believe the term "to bat one's eye" means to blink.

rhonda_kay
Wed, Aug-01-01, 15:35
Originally posted by Yukho
:D It`s hard to tell a 75 year old mom that you won`t eat her cake at her birthday!

:) Oh, ok. I can understand that.

debbiedobson
Wed, Aug-01-01, 16:12
welcome yukho!:D you're off to a terrific start! 11lbs gone! good for you!:D why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself! we're so nosy!! lol!! no really, we're just all such good friends here. it's great to welcome a new friend!

Yukho
Wed, Aug-01-01, 19:41
Thanks for for the response and support! ;) I have added a little bit more about myself in profile now...

Karen
Wed, Aug-01-01, 19:45
Welcome to the Forum Yukho!

Looks like you're off to a great start!

Karen

Karen
Wed, Aug-01-01, 19:49
PS How DO you bat an eye, anyway?

With a bat, batting, baseball bat, batter (LC of course). It's a difficult choice. ;)

Karen