PDA

View Full Version : New to all of this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KatVW
Mon, Jul-30-01, 20:26
Hi all,

I amnew here and currently looking into the LC WOE. I am not sure what program to choose and have been doing a little research on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Also, how does one put a picture or character under your name (to the left)? Thanks :)

~Kat
169.5/169.5/135

John2001
Mon, Jul-30-01, 20:55
I've noticed most of the folks here are on the Atkins plan. Some Protein power and so on. All LC plans. This is the place to get good information, support and new ideas from.

Just hop around the site, check out all the good posts. Lots of info here.

When you decide on a plan, get the book. It's a great quick reference guide and most books are like 5-10 bucks and IMO a small investment for the results you get.

As far as the pic on the screen, I've got no idea, haven't tried to do that myself.

Welcome to the group and good luck in your journey.

Cheers, John

tamarian
Mon, Jul-30-01, 21:18
Hi Kat,

Welcome abord!

Check this forum, for an under construction project summarizing various low-carb plans.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=68

For research on the benefits vs. critisism of low-carb plans, check the "Studies" link from the menu above.

And for how to add a pic (avatar), check this thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884

And I echo what John said, browse around, there's a lot of information around here. :)

Welcome again!

Wa'il

KatVW
Mon, Jul-30-01, 21:37
Thanks for the welcome and the links. I am working on my avatar right now...

Also, my SO will be picking up DANDR and possible Protein Power on his way home tonight. I think those 2 will be good starters for me to read.

Thanks again,

Kat

debbiedobson
Tue, Jul-31-01, 12:36
welcome kat!:D those are 2 excellent books about lowcarbing. read them both through before you start, so that you really understand lowcarbing! that will give you a chance to stock up on lowcarb supplies!

Karen
Tue, Jul-31-01, 13:02
Welcome to the Forum Kat!

Read both books. With low-carbing, knowledge is power!

Karen