PDA

View Full Version : Something to get me "going"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jalera2003
Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:38
In an ideal world I would weigh myself in the morning after I have had a BM and my overnight fluid retention has passed. But I can't force either of those things to happen.

Does anyone have an idea of something natural I could drink first thing in the am to wake the old body up, without triggering and insulin release that would make me hungry? Would Zuleika's apple cider vinegar drink work?

I always weigh less right before lunch (I don't eat breakfast) but am not always at home at that time to weigh.

quikdeb
Wed, Oct-15-03, 14:24
I always weigh less in the late morning too, but having already dreessed early, had cm, etc, don't get all undone for a weigh in. That's why I have always apted to have my weigh in on Sat. I sleep late and it works for me. If I'm not home on a Sat...I just wait until I am. The following week or two. I am soooo much less scale obsessed than I have ever been in my life.

Re: your wake up question....can't say. You could try it and see. Why do you feel the need to be hungry. If you're not, you will be eventually, then you eat.

Deb

Jalera2003
Wed, Oct-15-03, 16:23
Deb: I'm starting to look at this whole daily weighing thing and wondering if it's healty. For example I am up almost 3 lbs since Saturday. I had Thanksgiving, and it's pre-TOM. I bet by Saturday I'll be back down, but in the mean time I'm "doing the scale dance" and worrying about it. Mind you if I don't weigh daily I might miss some really good weight too :lol:

potatofree
Wed, Oct-15-03, 18:15
It's not healthy when you worry about eh weight of water or BMs.... I'd say jump on when you get up, after you visit the "powder room" no matter WHAT does or doesn't come out....:lol: When you average your weight, it'll all come out in the "end"..so to speak!

Vel
Thu, Oct-16-03, 03:44
Yup, I have to say I agree with Potatofree. I think if you are going to do daily averaging, then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to try and manipulate it. Just weigh at the same time every day, if you are consistently home first thing in the morning, then you can do it then. Yes, you might be a couple pounds less later in the morning, but so what, really. It is the losses you want to see, the movement (snigger snigger, not THAT kind of movement!). Don't over-think it, Jalera.. just jump on the scales first thing, write it down and forget it for the day. It becomes just part of your morning routine when you do it that way.

feather
Thu, Oct-16-03, 19:05
Me too, I agree. Mind you I've set myself up a graph on exel and I enter my weight in each morning. The blue line (daily weight) leaps all around like a bee stung kid, but the pink one (average for week), moves on down. I love that pink one.
Sometimes I get a NUFT weight (naked, unfed, toileted) sometimes it's just a NUF. Whoops sorry bad pun, actually sometimes it's not anuf at all. :lol: