PDA

View Full Version : low carb turkey soup and cheese stiks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ykmaggie
Mon, Oct-13-03, 11:26
Hi all

Wanted to share my LC turkey soup recipe, and a cheese stik recipe I got off the Vikki Gabareau show this morning.

For the soup...

Boil turkey bones
add one onion, and some chopped celery

One hour before you want to serve, remove the bones and add:

A handful of wild rice (optional)
Grated diakon radish
Grated zuccinni
Chopped cabbage
2 fresh tomatoes
Some chopped green beans
parsley

LC cheese sticks from Vicki's show:

One cup flour (I'm going to use 3/4 vital wheat glutin and 1/4 oat flour
2 cups grated cheese
1/2 cup butter
pinch salt
pinch cayene

Mix as you would mix pie crust. I use two knives and cut the butter into the flour.

Roll out on a baking sheet like you would a pie crust. Brush with egg white. Leave the dough on the sheet and cut into thin strips right on the sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. You can get this recipe by going to www.ctv.ca

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

We went for a long mountain bike ride yesterday in the sun, and yes, shirtsleeves. Gotta love the Yukon in October!

Maggie

Kathy54
Mon, Oct-13-03, 11:41
Hey thanks, that cheese stix recipe sounds great!

I make Turkey soup alot, it's one of my 16 yr.olds favorite meals. I use the big turkey legs, very cheap and tons of flavor and meat!

Yep, get out and enjoy that weather!, Our long weekend has been very wet and windy, but it's clear now, better late than never I guess! We're about to head out for a good walk on the beach with the dogs.

Cheers Kathy