PDA

View Full Version : Downside to Fasting?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bridetobe
Mon, Jul-30-01, 11:42
I tried to post this message earlier but when I checked back for replies, I couldn't find my message. My apologies if it shows up later resulting in repitition.

From the replies I received to my last post and from what I have read on this site, I realize that it may be premature for me to do the Atkins Fat Fast. However, I was wondering what the downside is to fasting as a "next to last" rather than a last resort. Will it make me gain weight? Are there any other bad effects that I should know about?

I have taken the advice of doreenT and r.mines and took my measurements this morning. I know that I have not lost any inches so far as I too use a "reference" pair of jeans. None of my other clothes fit any differently either. However, I will take measurements along with my weigh-ins from now on.